Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Duncan coral closed

Minireeftank

Minireeftank

Have had a Duncan coral for almost a year and over the last few weeks it’s closed and won’t open, it was doing really well, bought a single head and it had grown two more little heads and would always be open, now the two little heads look like they’re dying 😞 has anyone had a similar experience?

544195F4-ACC9-4DCE-8692-8DF5B71DD06E.thumb.jpeg.97a70c98f49a167508385d667a0b5ca3.jpeg

Fluval Evo 13.5 52L

Average temp 26C

Salinity ~ 34

pH ~ 7

Carbonate ~ 40

Alkalinity ~ 40

Chlorine 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 0

186E2D75-9836-4755-A995-C9450F9F083E.jpeg

Murphs_Reef
1 hour ago, fenderchamp said:

did its little friend the torch, sitting right next to it sting it? 

Agreed first question. The torch looks like it could be close enough for sweepers to catch the Duncan's. If so it needs to be moved 

The stem looks pretty battered and the flesh receded, a good bit of algae growth on it.how longs it been like this?

• Thanks 1
Minireeftank

Thankyou both for the advice, it’s been looking like this almost a month, I’ll move it away, is there any other way I can help it recover? 

• Like 1
Murphs_Reef

I think it just needs a bit of time to recover. Assuming of course it was the torch that caused it. Duncan's can recover from a lot and that last polyp looks like it might well be ok. 👍🏼

• Thanks 1