125ml Spongexcel
2 oz one and only
10ft 1/2 tubing
Plug labels
Classic MD sticker

ending with 1600 or so points 

• Like 1
Murphs_Reef

It's a great time to do it.well known, Strong online presence, a lot of companies finding it difficult both in the current climate and in innovation... Fair play, it means next to bugger all to us Brits though.... 

• Like 1

The Neptune purchase was an unusual choice. Hardware/software design and development doesn't seem to be their primary forte. I'm hoping they invest well into Neptune to get the required talent to keep the platform up to date instead of running it into the ground for profit.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I'm very late to this news. I just haven't needed anything in a long time (my tank is stable and running well with my current set up) so I haven't had to pop in to MD. I am incredibly sad to see this go though. Marine Depot had the widest selection IMO, and now, being redirected to BRS, they have hardly any selection, at least for nano skimmers. Now I'm going to have to try my luck with the reviews on Amazon to guide me I guess. Ugh! I never bought from BRS though I know it has a solid reputation. I do hope since they grew their customer base by this acquisition that they get a larger selection for nano supplies.

• Like 4
On 7/28/2021 at 2:00 PM, DevilDuck said:

The Neptune purchase was an unusual choice. Hardware/software design and development doesn't seem to be their primary forte. I'm hoping they invest well into Neptune to get the required talent to keep the platform up to date instead of running it into the ground for profit.

BRS also got bought....they aren't the ones doing the buying, if that' what you meant.  (I don't think any of this is odd for the parent company, which is just a holding company as far as I can tell.)

Time will tell, but this spate of consolidations don't seem to be giving positive vibes to me.  (I was still hoping to see Digital Aquatics's line of controllers make a comeback someday.....🙄  Seems that side of the industry is just dying completely off instead tho....nothing left but corporate takeovers.)

Hopefully the folks at Neptune and Marine Depot are singing a different song than me on their way out.

I bought all my gear from local, Marine Depot, and Dr FosterSimth when I started back in 200x.....all of which are gone now in 2021.  No local shops around anymore unless you count friggin Petco.  No Marine Depot.  No DrFoster.   Totally absurd to my point of view, but totally true.

• Like 3
On 9/19/2021 at 12:01 AM, Mazzy21 said:

I'm very late to this news. I just haven't needed anything in a long time (my tank is stable and running well with my current set up) so I haven't had to pop in to MD. I am incredibly sad to see this go though. Marine Depot had the widest selection IMO, and now, being redirected to BRS, they have hardly any selection, at least for nano skimmers. Now I'm going to have to try my luck with the reviews on Amazon to guide me I guess. Ugh! I never bought from BRS though I know it has a solid reputation. I do hope since they grew their customer base by this acquisition that they get a larger selection for nano supplies.

Check out Premium Aquatics. They are a sponsor here.  I ordered from them recently and had a great experience.  Fast shipping and packed securely (I ordered a bucket of salt and some odds and ends).  

• Like 5

I used marine depot before but now probably premium aquatics and saltwateraquarium.com as I have used them in the past and they are good. 

saltwateraquarium.com still has free shipping on any order btw. Great if you just need a small item. Like a refill kit or such. 

• Thanks 1