inTank Media Baskets

Can you help ID this disease ?

Isaacthedev

That looks a lot like Uronema: https://www.nano-reef.com/forums/topic/402464-uronema-fish-disease-information/

The other possibility is a wound that is now badly infected: https://www.nano-reef.com/forums/topic/407685-bacterial-infections/

Prognosis is bleak due to the severity, but you could try giving him either a 30 minute Methylene Blue bath or a 90 minute bath using Ruby Reef Rally. Afterwards, transfer the fish into a quarantine tank.

Is he still eating??

• Like 1
Isaacthedev
3 hours ago, Humblefish said:

I would probably treat with the trifecta (Kanaplex + Metroplex + Furan-2) in QT.

Thank you for the answer. It was fine the previous day and it already died. I still have two clowns now but they look fine.  It seems to treat this disease I need to sterilize the tank and start off new… not going to be fun 

20 hours ago, Isaacthedev said:

Thank you for the answer. It was fine the previous day and it already died. I still have two clowns now but they look fine.  It seems to treat this disease I need to sterilize the tank and start off new… not going to be fun 

If you still have the body, you can scrape the affected area to look for Uronema parasites under a microscope:

^^ I would do that to confirm Uronema before considering sterilizing the tank.

8 hours ago, Isaacthedev said:

Update:

clowns are fine, no sign of disease, if it was the illness mentioned above would t they be sick?

Most healthy fish can fight off a bacterial infection via their immune system.

Uronema primarily only afflicts chromis, anthias, angels, butterflies... Although I have on occasion encountered exceptions (like your dottyback).