Top Shelf Aquatics

Aquascaping thoughts

Bigals-nano-1

Bigals-nano-1

Just getting into my first saltwater setup of a nano tank (fluval sea 52l.) what do you think of my first attempt at aquascaping? I plan on starting out with soft corals and a couple of clown fish along with a cuc. The tank is currently cycling and everything seems to be going good, here’s hoping it stays that way! 

1A2A2487-8CAE-4821-A8F6-AF882C69B642.jpeg

IMO I would remove some of the rocks, easier to maintain and better flow. Make sure there's enough room between rocks and glass for cleaning, and I would avoid having rocks touching glass. All of this is from personnal experience, things that drove me crazy and swore  to never to that again😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Bigals-nano-1
33 minutes ago, Melfy77 said:

IMO I would remove some of the rocks, easier to maintain and better flow. Make sure there's enough room between rocks and glass for cleaning, and I would avoid having rocks touching glass. All of this is from personnal experience, things that drove me crazy and swore  to never to that again😂

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I wasn’t sure if was a bit too much rock. I will probably remove at least the one at the far right which is the only one that is touching the glass. The rest have plenty of room around them and wouldn’t obstruct the cleaning of the glass but I might reposition the right hand ones to create a separate island of some sorts. 

• Like 1

My only suggestion would be to make sure your magnetic cleaner and a scraper can fit between the rock and the glass with a little bit of extra clearance on every viewable side. Other than that, if you like the way it looks, it's perfect!

• Like 2
Bigals-nano-1

Update!!

I have played about with the aquascape and removed one of the rocks and I think I’m happy with it now. I think this should allow for better circulation and cleaning etc. I’m  now starting to prepare a coral shopping list  and hoping that it won’t be too long before I can start adding a few. 

21B3F05B-0CA5-44D2-B18F-18AF228AFB21.jpeg

1EA6FC24-2C4A-4EE5-B0BC-42DAC5C83467.jpeg

CB37BC45-ADB6-4537-A0D0-5D1233F0BE4D.jpeg

4CBD0BE9-321C-4758-BD0F-AD4D7126CC65.jpeg

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Bigals-nano-1 said:

Update!!

I have played about with the aquascape and removed one of the rocks and I think I’m happy with it now. I think this should allow for better circulation and cleaning etc. I’m  now starting to prepare a coral shopping list  and hoping that it won’t be too long before I can start adding a few. 

21B3F05B-0CA5-44D2-B18F-18AF228AFB21.jpeg

1EA6FC24-2C4A-4EE5-B0BC-42DAC5C83467.jpeg

CB37BC45-ADB6-4537-A0D0-5D1233F0BE4D.jpeg

4CBD0BE9-321C-4758-BD0F-AD4D7126CC65.jpeg

Looks awesome!

• Like 1