Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nanobox Arrays

rsucre

Anybody knows if Nanobox Arrays can be obtained somewhere?  

if not, is there a similar, compatible alternative?

What can be done if/when our existing ones fail?

mitten_reef
3 hours ago, rsucre said:

No hope for repairing our nanoboxes once the arrays fail then?

I don’t think so, short of scouring the forums for old units for parts. The arrays were custom printed/ordered by nanobox, if I undertood correctly. So once he ran out of them (and/or stopped doing the business), I doubt he reordered them. They were sold on nanobox web store briefly after he shut things down, link below seems to be what’s left. I don’t know if he’s even actively monitor that shop, so keep that in mind. 
https://nanobox-reef.myshopify.com/collections/all

• Like 1

Unfortunately not available. Honestly I am betting COVID disrupted his supply chain of some parts or maybe increase costs. (Just look at meat, wood, glass, acrylic and so on). I know bluefish was on shortage for awhile during covid. 

• Like 1

@Tamberav Thanks for your reply.  Would be nice to identify a potential equivalent or close equivalent that we can use to keep our nanoboxes alive if/when the arrays fail.  Or somewhere that can we can send and have the individual LEDs replaced. 

• Like 1

Using a nanobox hybrid myself atm.

I think the pucks themselves will be good to last their standard (what 50,000hrs?) LED life as long as proper cooling is achieved. 

Now as for drivers, boards, fans, Bluefish controller, power supply etc. Those are the parts that will probably go out first but luckily are very available and pretty easy to swap out 🙂

I have an extra psu and driverboard with drivers ready to go just incase!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, rsucre said:

@Tamberav Thanks for your reply.  Would be nice to identify a potential equivalent or close equivalent that we can use to keep our nanoboxes alive if/when the arrays fail.  Or somewhere that can we can send and have the individual LEDs replaced. 

Blue acro makes pucks with mint and stuff but I guess a person would need to take a look at what drivers their nanobox is using. 

https://blueacro.com/collections/acrostar/products/acrostar-shine-pro-32w?variant=23125785083985

• Wow 1
  • Thanks 1
On 6/20/2021 at 9:32 AM, rsucre said:

Anybody knows if Nanobox Arrays can be obtained somewhere?  

if not, is there a similar, compatible alternative?

What can be done if/when our existing ones fail?

Are you able to solder a new array onto your old one? I might just have what you’re looking for.

On 7/2/2021 at 8:51 PM, BrianPoni said:

Are you able to solder a new array onto your old one? I might just have what you’re looking for.

Hi @BrianPoni  I can solder the new array into my Nanobox, have done it many times.  Is that what you mean?  What I can't do is replace individual LEDs.  

• Like 1
11 hours ago, rsucre said:

Hi @BrianPoni  I can solder the new array into my Nanobox, have done it many times.  Is that what you mean?  What I can't do is replace individual LEDs.  

We’re about to become best friends. I had Save build me a custom T5 that was always shit and never worked. Also ####ed me out of $300 or so as he never shipped me a Duo unit I payed for. But that’s another story. F*c him. Anyway. I still have these from the build. Might have a bluefish too you can have. DM me so we can exchange info. These were his latest arrays before he stopped making it, so mint included I believe. 
You need to take the old wires off and apply fresh solder but it seems you know what your doing. 

image.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 7/4/2021 at 10:18 PM, BrianPoni said:

We’re about to become best friends. I had Save build me a custom T5 that was always shit and never worked. Also ####ed me out of $300 or so as he never shipped me a Duo unit I payed for. But that’s another story. F*c him. Anyway. I still have these from the build. Might have a bluefish too you can have. DM me so we can exchange info. These were his latest arrays before he stopped making it, so mint included I believe. 
You need to take the old wires off and apply fresh solder but it seems you know what your doing. 

Hi @BrianPoni  I sent you a couple of Private Messages.  Do you still have the arrays?