Pod Your Reef

Unhappy goniopora

Minireeftank

Minireeftank

I am struggling to find a place my goniopora enjoys after part of it died (one of my hermit crabs has an annoying habit of settling down to shed on a coral, starving it of light, I almost lost a very happy seritopora to this) it used to extend quite a lot but I’ve tried different flows and distance from the light over the last few months and haven’t had any luck, does anyone have any expirience reviving a goniopora?

Fluval Evo 13.5

52L

Average temperature 26C

salinity ~ 34

pH ~ 7

carbonate ~ 40mg/L

Alkinity ~ 40mg/L

chlorine 0

nitrite 0

nitrate 0

38A16E7A-426F-425A-ABCB-0D76EF2C458F.jpeg

025ABA02-227E-4BF7-BAF4-4D5A72D35D19.jpeg

NoOneLikesADryTang

I brought one back that was looking like that, but it took months. Low light, and low to moderate flow. 

Also, you’re going to want some nitrates in your tank. The corals need them to survive. 

Minireeftank
7 minutes ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

I brought one back that was looking like that, but it took months. Low light, and low to moderate flow. 

Also, you’re going to want some nitrates in your tank. The corals need them to survive. 

Ah Thankyou I’ll try leaving more time between water changes and I’ll put it a bit lower in less flow, I’m glad to know there’s hope Thankyou! 

• Like 1