MSunkin23

MSunk IM Nuvo 20 Thread (Init 6/1/2021)

MSunkin23

Was time to upgrade from the Biocube 16, and slowly starting up an IM Nuvo 20. I noticed some upgrades since some reviews I saw online. Lid no longer has clips, it sits flush on the glass. One filter sock, and one media rack that seems more than sufficient.

So far just cycling with Sand and dry BRS rock. Dosing ammonia and seeding from the Biocube.

Running 1 AI prime HD and seems to have great coverage. Designed the rock work to limit shadowing.

The IM tanks live up to their name. The silicone work is top notch and it’s surprising how much that matters. Pumped to get this thing scaled up.

17F01D57-A576-49D4-8178-7E6C52F43C49.jpeg

• Like 5

banasophia

Looks great, excited to follow along!

travoose

Looks awesome!  I recently bought the 20 as an upgrade when I move houses in a few months, figured might as well get a bigger tank since I will be moving it anyway. 

MSunkin23

Was time to add this fella. Still spooked but eating. 

strange thing with the cycle, took about a month but never got high levels of nitrate. 40ppm Max, but would go to zero after a day or two. There is either a nitrate sink somewhere, or bacteria converting to N2 gas.

6EB4A58D-22B5-433C-8422-3F5231EF7371.jpeg

• Like 1

MSunkin23

About 45 days in. Just running the tank with low lights and threw in a GSP and hermit crab. Only the one fish in there (tailspot blenny). The thing hides a lot, dug a cave for himself but does come out to eat.

The JBJ nano ATO is working well, using a plastic cereal container as the reservoir (1.5gal) lasts about 5 days. 

7227B52C-9A9C-4466-A22E-D0664D8ECF6D.jpeg

• Like 3