Top Shelf Aquatics

My hermits have started molting.

Powah

I can guarantee the first one was a molt the second one so far not entirely sure if he made it or not. I am not finding conclusive information online as to what "normal" behavior is for a hermit molt. Do they hop out the shell molt then go right back in the shell? Or do they go off and hide like the shrimp/crab did. I saw the nasarrius snails on top of a I hope molt this morning but not 100% sure I did notice the shell he was using is now empty.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Powah said:

I can guarantee the first one was a molt the second one so far not entirely sure if he made it or not. I am not finding conclusive information online as to what "normal" behavior is for a hermit molt. Do they hop out the shell molt then go right back in the shell? Or do they go off and hide like the shrimp/crab did. I saw the nasarrius snails on top of a I hope molt this morning but not 100% sure I did notice the shell he was using is now empty.

Hermits kick free of the molt while still in their shell. They will usually find a spot and not move much until they have finished. 

do you have more empty shells available for them? seems mine always molt overnight when they do. and i have one that changes shells (often back and forth between the same few) sometimes every day for a week.

Yeah many empty shells all different sizes shapes types many he could of changed a shell it's hard to tell who is who anymore most of them are in very big astera shells now that when they "sit down" you can't see their legs. Almost all of them are different colors so I can tell who is who. White/red/scarlet/black n white/Halloween.