inTank Media Baskets

Penny's Lane Movin' On Up-Retired

Pjanssen

On 7/8/2021 at 9:27 PM, FISHnChix said:

This is what I did . Built a small shelf. Behind the controller board it has another shelf for the dosersScreenshot_20210708-182504_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cb282bfc050869ed154ea54aeaaea72b.jpg

How does the board stand in the cabinet? Is it removable if you need to get behind it?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

How does the board stand in the cabinet? Is it removable if you need to get behind it?

The whole thing is just a little table kinda deal I built real quick out of aluminum angle iron I had let over from a job.. kinda messy in there now bc I have pretty much giving up on reefing😅

20210711_135157.jpg

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

The whole thing is just a little table kinda deal I built real quick out of aluminum angle iron I had let over from a job.. kinda messy in there now bc I have pretty much giving up on reefing😅

20210711_135157.jpg

Whata ya mean you're giving up on reefing!!?

Just now, Pjanssen said:

Whata ya mean you're giving up on reefing!!?

Ahhh just tired of messing with it.  And really it's the lack of livestock locally for me. And the crazy prices they want now are just dumb... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
21 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Ahhh just tired of messing with it.  And really it's the lack of livestock locally for me. And the crazy prices they want now are just dumb... 

Are you going to be breaking your system down, or just kind of slowing down a bit? So sad. Seems everybody is tiring of the hobby for various reasons. TBH, I'm wishing I had just got out when the 29 went. But the grandson cried when I mentioned it, so here I am.

SO back to the topic at hand...The front panel doesn't have to be aluminum for any reason does it, like heat dispersion or something? I can make it from wood?

You can do wood it will work just fine. The 100 I had was all wood and so was the RS750. Both tanks had control boards for all the equipment.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

How do you transfer mushrooms-getting them off of the rock they are on and getting them to take hold of new rock

I used a chizeI to try and get some rock to come with it but because it was deep in a crevice that did not happen. I put it on a container for 2 weeks with it being surrounded by rocks and now it is happy.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Xj reefing said:

I used a chizeI to try and get some rock to come with it but because it was deep in a crevice that did not happen. I put it on a container for 2 weeks with it being surrounded by rocks and now it is happy.

Hmmm. Ok. But I have a whole colony of them to transfer to this sparkling clean tank, Definitely don't want to transfer any of the algae ridden rock that they are growing on into this system. 

Maybe I should just get rid of them all together. Or only keep 1 of each variant.

2 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

back to the topic at hand...The front panel doesn't have to be aluminum for any reason does it, like heat dispersion or something? I can make it from wood?

Nan wood is fine, just got to figure put how you attach it for easy removal. The old man used magnets on his and I think that worked out well

• Thanks 1
ECLS Reefer

You know instead of that manual switch board which was fairly explained, you could get a wifi capable individual switch power strip- I’ve got one on both tanks and I can remotely turn off for whatever I need plus it allows you to schedule feeding time with pumps off, sans the whole expedience Neptune controller. I got mine off Amazon and I liked them so much I’ve got them all over the house

• Like 1
10 hours ago, ECLS Reefer said:

You know instead of that manual switch board which was fairly explained, you could get a wifi capable individual switch power strip- I’ve got one on both tanks and I can remotely turn off for whatever I need plus it allows you to schedule feeding time with pumps off, sans the whole expedience Neptune controller. I got mine off Amazon and I liked them so much I’ve got them all over the house

I'll check it out, thanks

• Like 3

Waiting for the arrival of the replacement controller for the vectra pump. Thought I could get away with just running the gyre as I did while cycling the tank. Nope, getting lots of film stuff that I'd like to filter out. Decided to just put the Sicce 1.5 from the 29 in. Well, it's filtering a little I suppose, but I'm glad I don't have any corals in there yet!

• Like 2

Snails have been in for a day and a half and gone to town on the diatoms. Like wow! I hope they have enough to eat moving forward. Tomorrow a.m. I will do a water change and move the clowns and any corals that don't have algae growing on them from the 29.

The replacement controller for the vectra came today, so finally properly filtering/circulating the water. Tomorrow will be spent mounting controllers, tying up wires, getting doser ready etc...

• Like 3

Did a water test

Nitrates: 2-5

Phosphates: 0-.03

Alkalinity: 6.6 Normal for natural sea water

Calcium: 440 

Temp: 76*

Was planning to do a water change before transferring things over, but I'm not so sure I need to. with PO4 being close to 0, I don't really want it to go any lower considering I have a couple little macros in there. Actually wondering if I should dose a little bit?

I'm amazed at how great of a job the snails have done on the rocks. I've got a bit of a film on the glass, which I will have to play snail and clean it off myself. MMMM, film for breakfast.

Hooked up the new controller for the pump and the pump is working great. But I can't get the controller to connect to the app. Naturally Ecotech is only open Monday through Friday.

Built a little shelf box to go under the cabinet. Got to go paint it before the hubby starts and messes it up-sorry love, but you know it's true.

• Like 1
Murphs_Reef
39 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

I just witnessed Hawkeye grab a little cerith and carry it to a spot in the back of the tank where I discovered more little snail shells. :whoa: 

See this is why I love a sump.. that little bast needs a cool down period in the jail/sump 🤣

• Haha 1
  • Pjanssen changed the title to Penny's Lane Movin' On Up-Retired