Top Shelf Aquatics

Penny's Lane Movin' On Up-Retired

Pjanssen

ECLS Reefer
34 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

engineer

Never seen them before- they are pretty. Get some shots after they go in the tank so you can see their faces? The way their fins are slightly rippled they almost looked like baby eels

• Like 2
10 hours ago, ECLS Reefer said:

Never seen them before- they are pretty. Get some shots after they go in the tank so you can see their faces? The way their fins are slightly rippled they almost looked like baby eels

They are really cool. They will probably go into hiding, but eventually they should come out and explore. I made have some good shots of them in the 29 thread, so if I can't get a decent new shot, maybe I'll just post an older one.

• Like 4

Everyone is still alive! 1 of the gobies comes out frequently, the other has dug out a cave and made himself at home under the rocks. I’ve discovered the gramma prefers to come out at night. GBG is so little in this big tank he’s hard to find at all. 

Hawkeye is going in tonight, so At last we will be able to see some action!

Water looks good. 0 ammonia. Nitrates down to 5!!

• Like 6

We have lights! We went with 2 RedSea ReefLED 90's. I've been debating between them and the ecotech Rations-Not sure why I went with these, other than I couldn't make up my mind so I let Hubbie decide.

IMG_2325.thumb.jpeg.1349c15ff5a6ce49786197a517807223.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Wow 2
6 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

I need to figure out what I'm going to do with all of the electric cords and boxes

This is what I did . Built a small shelf. Behind the controller board it has another shelf for the dosersScreenshot_20210708-182504_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cb282bfc050869ed154ea54aeaaea72b.jpg

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

This is what I did . Built a small shelf. Behind the controller board it has another shelf for the dosersScreenshot_20210708-182504_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cb282bfc050869ed154ea54aeaaea72b.jpg

Talk to me about your controller board

Sorry on the RS90s................. should have went Radion.............. I had the 90s over my tank and hated them.............. hopefully they figured out the power supply as I had 3 of 4 go bad..............

Thats a DJ power strip on fishdix picture............ sucks there 50 bucks now on amazon.............. guess we have to pay for the outer space launch................

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
25 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Talk to me about your controller board

Not much to it. Built a little stand out of aluminum angle iron and cut a aluminum plate for the board(shelves are just pine with a sealer on them). Cut a two inch hole in the controller plate and put one of those computer desk plastic deals in it that cords go through.  On the board is my kessil controller, Apex screen, jeabo cross flow controller , and mp10 controller. On the left side of the cabinet is my jeabo return pump controller and on the back of the cabinet is the tunze ato controler.  Like the old timer said on top is these dj power strips . They are just power strips that have on/off switches for each outlet. I like them but they where like 28 bucks on amazon at the time.. all the power bricks fit behind the controller board under the little stand deal I built..

• Wow 1
ECLS Reefer
1 hour ago, FISHnChix said:

My sump looks like a tornado hit it. I’m not even sure how to go about making it look better honestly, because every six months you have to dig through the cords and pull them out to clean the return pump and skimmer 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Fish are settling in. Engineer gobies have moved all of the sand from under the rocks. Really glad I mortared everything together and put it in as 2 big pieces directly on the glass. Hawkeye seems to like the tunnels that they have created. The Gramma still never comes out, but she never did in her little tank either. I haven't seen the GBG in several days 😢.

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer
1 hour ago, Pjanssen said:

Fish are settling in. Engineer gobies have moved all of the sand from under the rocks. Really glad I mortared everything together and put it in as 2 big pieces directly on the glass. Hawkeye seems to like the tunnels that they have created. The Gramma still never comes out, but she never did in her little tank either. I haven't seen the GBG in several days 😢.

Those GBG are good at hiding in holes in the rocks. He may still be there just hunkered down

• Like 2
Murphs_Reef
On 7/9/2021 at 2:02 AM, Pjanssen said:

We have lights! We went with 2 RedSea ReefLED 90's. I've been debating between them and the ecotech Rations-Not sure why I went with these, other than I couldn't make up my mind so I let Hubbie decide.

IMG_2325.thumb.jpeg.1349c15ff5a6ce49786197a517807223.jpeg

Yeah this is a nice fit for the space it's in. Love it 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, ECLS Reefer said:

Those GBG are good at hiding in holes in the rocks. He may still be there just hunkered down

That's what I'm hoping. I don't think there is anything in there that would it him without leaving some evidence. 

*eat

• Like 2

I added a rock with some macros, a gorgonian and a struggling RFA from my 14. Originally I had planned on only transferring the animals and putting the macros in the refugium. But tell me what you think.

IMG_2342.thumb.jpeg.f1417e07f7f1acc5afe7ce324aadd2aa.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

How do you transfer mushrooms-getting them off of the rock they are on and getting them to take hold of new rock

I love mushrooms, but getting them to stay where you want them to has never been my forte.  I would say chisel the mushroom rock so you still have some rock under the mushroom (as opposed to just cutting the mushroom off with no rock attached) and then epoxy it to the new rock where you want them, and then hope and pray it doesn't release and go where it wants to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
ECLS Reefer
3 hours ago, gena said:

I love mushrooms, but getting them to stay where you want them to has never been my forte.  I would say chisel the mushroom rock so you still have some rock under the mushroom (as opposed to just cutting the mushroom off with no rock attached) and then epoxy it to the new rock where you want them, and then hope and pray it doesn't release and go where it wants to go.

Exactly that— they seem to do the opposite of what’s wanted of them. I still have one in a medicine cup and the other decided to stick itself to the outside of the cup 🤦🏽‍♀️ 

• Like 3
  • Pjanssen changed the title to Penny's Lane Movin' On Up-Retired