Equipment ~

TANK ~ Ultracleae diamant glass 45x17x24 cm or 4.8 American gallons

Lighting ~ Aquahome AS marine LED  38w

Filter ~ Live rock and sand. 

Flow ~ Jebao sw2 

Heater ~ Overkill 100w. Functions as a heater and thermomiter 

LIVESTOCK/ CORALS 

Motile animals 

1 blue legged hermit crab. Astro the bulldozer . 

SPS

No sticks in my tank please  

LPS 

Torch and potentially a torch. 

Yellow eye and red walls favia 

Rose gold hammer 🔨  freebie tiny frag 

Orange eye pectinia <color loss slightly bleached newly cut frag 

Bright red goniopora? 

Tiny acan aka micro lord 

Softies 

Yellow polyps purple photosynthetic gorgonian 

Nps ? Purple polyp purple gorgonian 

Blue hornet zoas 

Plain Freebie zoas unknown type 

Jawbreaker mushroom mom and 1 tiny child 

Orange tip clove polyps 

Giant frag of maricultured GSP

Getting back into the hobby after moving across countries due to corona. I picked up a 45x17x24 bookshelf style diamant glass aquarium. This is currently planning stage. Total volume 4.85 gallons. Though it will be more around 3~ 4 gallons when live rock is added 

The goal is to make a simple low maintenance pico reef. Focusing on soft corals only. I also plan to have no fish. But want to get a fire or skunk cleaner shrimp. Or a pom pom crab if i can find one. 

Currently figuring out what i want to go with for flow. And what type / brand of LED lighting to go with

The low iron glass is so pretty . It almost is invisible 

20210601_162237.jpg

• Like 1

I forgot how heavy salt was. Im not very stong it was a struggle to move it home. Got a budget light. Was 150 usd roughly but i really liked its sleak outline . i still need a powerhead and live rock. Ill get some Tomorrow.  Can then start my favorite process.  The cycle 🚲 

20210601_193412.jpg

I went to another store and got a jebao sw2 wavermaker/powerhead. 

Some small cute accessories like a phone filter for corals. 

Aswell as 3kg of live rock to mess with and some paleosand. Also had a gsp frag reserved at store. Since 1 its gsp. 2 it was an unusual variation i havent seen before.  Played around with 10 different variations of aquascapes before settling on one. Cycle is now on day 2 yay 

20210604_103930.jpg

20210603_000820.jpg

20210602_220822.jpg

20210602_220637.jpg

20210602_221834.jpg

20210602_222758.jpg

20210602_234440.jpg

First coral. This one was lying unattached and being blown around the shops tank and i kindly tried to save it. Meet the humble clove polyp. Came with a free aptasia too. What a steal 

20210606_115313.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Took my gf to the LFS and we ended getting lots of unplanned frags . Because she liked them. Soo forget the idea of a soft only tank. Its going to be LPS and SOFT corals . Its been over a week and everything is doing fine . Alage is growing well. With pest alage aswell as some nice brown plating style algae that came on a frag.  As long as corals are ok. Im happy.

The super bright green torch. Was sold as a torch but has a couple branching tentacles so not sure if its a torch or a frogspawn. Anyone know?

The store tossed in a free hermit and rose gold hammer that didnt look good in store. Mostly all skeleton showing. Its recovered well and covers the skeleton again.  Iv ran out of coral room. And pretty happy with the selection even though it was spontaneous.  Looking forwarding to seeing the tank fill out in the coming months

20210621_153542.jpg

20210621_153521.jpg

20210621_153619.jpg

20210621_153719.jpg

20210613_151356.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Moved a couple corals around. Did a water change. Have surgery on july 6th. So in glad i managed to get the tank up and running in time. 

Only negatives that have happened.  Not sure how but the acan got cut in half in 2/3 polyps and over all looked like crap. I think the hermit did it. Since it was hungry. Iv been specially feeding it now . Acan seems to not get worse, has gotten a little better and polyp extends again. 

Added another torch. Indo maricultured gold torch. 

Added a small rock with giant green palythoa and a leather coral. Classic green and i love the size.  They are probably invasive but i dont mind

The jawbreaker baby has fully opened up now and is overall much nicer. Since i found it under the plug and had to flip the frag upside down.

20210629_125253.jpg

20210629_154001.jpg

20210629_154426.jpg

20210629_154451.jpg

• Like 1

The acan has mostly recovered from whatever cut it.

Everythings going well so far. I see a lot of growth signs in all corals. 

Cloves adding new polyps.  Zoas i got free went from brown to colorful. Amazing change actually.  

Pectinia is recovering from fragging related stress and has stoped bleaching and is coloring back up and growing a new mouth 

Gonipora has many new small heads. I removed a gonipora parasite worm too. 

Favia grows very fast . 

Freebie hammer that lookes a bit damaged has 100% recovered and grown new anchors? Very nice rose gold in person. 

The zoas went from brown to redish yellow?

I do dose amino acids and iodine and thats all. My salt specifically lacks iodine idk why. Its blue treasure. 

20210701_192012.jpg

20210701_191912.jpg

20210701_191011.jpg

20210701_191552.jpg

20210701_191452.jpg

• Like 2

Forgot to mention that my gsp spawned 2 days ago. That was rather unexpected wish i got a better photo.  It is a maricultured one from Indonesia 

20210629_205958.jpg

• Like 1

Iv had my surgery and am recovering. The tank is looking even better now. All Polyps is even more Open now. 

Everything is showing signs of growth. I did add a small striped cardinalfish. I dont think its suitable longterm even tho they max out under 3 inches. But for now this tank is fine.  If its too big can transfer to another tank or sell off . 

I forgot to mention but i moved from usa to korea. Heres the prices i payed for every single coral . 10k krw is about 10 usd. Overall its a little cheaper here and the selection of pacific species is amazing. With a near total lack of american corals.

Tank and food with light and everything was around 600k krw

Screenshot_20210708-210843_Samsung Notes.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

The reef is going well actually.  I just rented a new place. Its much more spacious.  I have to move the tank here tomorrow or day after. 

Ill update it then. Luckly moving a pico tank is very easy . 

Iv mostly recovered from surgery too. Its amazing breathing through your nose. I didnt know breathing was supposed to be easy. Since i couldnt properly breath through my nose since i was born

• Like 1

Update. Iv decided to upgrade the tank. Iv ordered a 45x45x45cm cube. That way i can keep all the existing equipment.  I also ordered a really nice wooden stand. But the color i chose is out of stock. So ill have to wait a week till it comes ~  so exciting 

• Like 2

Temporary spot untill new tank comes later. The toadstool is rather unique.  Being extremely bright green and big polyp but the base is not florescent 

20210726_214952.jpg

20210726_214939.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...