Top Shelf Aquatics

Need 3 fish

addicted2reefer

addicted2reefer

Hello, I've been gone a while and started my 24 JBJ NANO back up. Looking for some suggestions on 3 nano reef safe fish. TIA

16222448066358378649031940120286.jpg

Xj reefing

Clownfish, bi colour blenny, fire fish, pink streaked wrasse, possum wrasse, some sort of goby, unicorn tang (joking), royal grammar, cardinal those are all the fish I think are cool and if I had to pick three it would be either 2 clowns and a bi colour blenny or 1 clown 1 pink streaked wrasse and 1 royal grammar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Jungle_vip

Can never go wrong with clowns, royal gramma, blennies are super cool, fire fish are a great option but a cover is absolutely essential. Many options out there. Here is a comprehensive list to help guide you. Maybe you’ve seen it before since this isn’t your first go with it….

• Thanks 1
On 5/29/2021 at 5:38 AM, Xj reefing said:

Clownfish, bi colour blenny, fire fish, pink streaked wrasse, possum wrasse, some sort of goby, unicorn tang (joking), royal grammar, cardinal those are all the fish I think are cool and if I had to pick three it would be either 2 clowns and a bi colour blenny or 1 clown 1 pink streaked wrasse and 1 royal grammar.

Damn, we think alike!  Kind of scary, but I bet many of us have similar likes after trying out different setups and fish.

Although I would choose a Tailspot Blenny over a Bicolor Blenny, I have a hard time finding them these days and when I do, sometimes they're not in good condition.  So, even for myself, I got my first Bicolor Blenny recently and I do love him so. 🙂 

If I had to start a new tank and could only have 3 fish, I would also get 2 paired clownfish along with a blenny (preferably a TSB, but I'd settle for a Bicolor as well. :))

Xj reefing
1 hour ago, Seadragon said:

Damn, we think alike!  Kind of scary, but I bet many of us have similar likes after trying out different setups and fish.

Although I would choose a Tailspot Blenny over a Bicolor Blenny, I have a hard time finding them these days and when I do, sometimes they're not in good condition.  So, even for myself, I got my first Bicolor Blenny recently and I do love him so. 🙂 

If I had to start a new tank and could only have 3 fish, I would also get 2 paired clownfish along with a blenny (preferably a TSB, but I'd settle for a Bicolor as well. :))

Yeah I have that trio in my current 20 gallon and have decided that when I upgrade tanks I will not gone getting really shy peaceful fish as my female bullied my purple fire fish to the point I had to euthanise it

1 hour ago, Xj reefing said:

Yeah I have that trio in my current 20 gallon and have decided that when I upgrade tanks I will not gone getting really shy peaceful fish as my female bullied my purple fire fish to the point I had to euthanise it

When the clownfish are still young and small, I like to buy a pair of them from the same store tank.

My Nemo is much older and bigger now, I decided to buy a yellowtail damselfish instead of a smaller clownfish.  Dory and Nemo tend to stay away from each other which is what I wanted.  Even when they are close, they don’t really bother each other and tend to ignore the other.  From my experience in the past year, if I would’ve added another clownfish, my Nemo would chase it down continuously until it dies.  Not exactly what I want to happen.

6253B8FA-F629-4E70-BFA4-AB2AEB59BAF5.thumb.jpeg.877c490f16344cb05771ded35c4d2a3f.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
addicted2reefer

Social fairy wrasse,  banggai, and flasher wrasse didnt work. Social wrasse bullied the flasher till it got stuck in ice cap wave maker. Now I tried pygmy angelfish and its nipping my sps. So once I catch em, Im just going with the wrasse and 2 banggai cardinals. Everyone loves the banggai 

I currently keep a flame tail blennie with a possum wrasse.. they get along very well but the wrasse is out and about when i feed them the blennie is right in there..

Never had any fighting.