Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Best lighting for colorful corals

Catherine

Hello,

What are the best clip on lights that will make my coral the most colorful? All the lights I see online seem like they just make everything look blue which isn’t the look that I’m going for. The lighting I see from like professional YouTube channels makes everything look so pretty though is probably too big an expensive for what I’m looking for. Any recommendations for a clip on light $200 or under that can bring out corals? Thanks!

Anything with royal blue & violet will make coral pop. But to get "colorful" corals its all about the coral and good husbandry. 

So a Walt Disney acropora,not so colorful coral at first mainly green with yellowish green polyps but when stable parameters,super high par will become green,gold,pinkish purple ect. 

It all depends on the coral,water params,stability,light,flow,proper nutrients and possible addition of aminos. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Catherine said:

The lighting I see from like professional YouTube channels makes everything look so pretty

They also use cameras with custom white balance settings.

All we got was your budget; I don't see your tank's dimensions.  That might help us determine an appropriate light for you (you might need more than one).

A couple of other options in the $200 range:

• Like 1