Coral Vue Hydros

What is this tumor like thing on my shrimp

mohdsafiuddin@gmail.com

mohdsafiuddin@gmail.com

Hi.

I found one of my shrimps with this weird growth on it's body today and I don't know what it is and what it could do to the rest of the inhabitants of the tank.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.20210526_231432.thumb.jpg.d9c5fbe783fc5812df45f65919cffff8.jpg

20210526_231350.jpg

20210526_231258.jpg

IDK, that's a bit strange.  Maybe it's starting to molt. :unsure:

But even if it isn't, I suspect that "growth" will be gone when it finally does molt.

M. Tournesol

🤷‍♂️,

You may have better chance of finding answers by going on a fresh-water shrimp forum or planted tank forum?

If you find your answer in other forums, be sure to come back and tell us 😉.

Looks like a freshwater cardian shrimp with an injury or shell defect. If it survives until its next molt it may correct itself.

Is it eating and acting normally? You may want to increase water changes since water changes induce molting.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, dwdenny said:

There is a parasite that feeds off the gills on shrimp under the head in that location. How long have you had it and was it wild caught or aquacultured? Here is a link it could be a possibility. 

https://www.natureconservancy.ca/en/blog/invasive-shrimp-sucking.html

Yo that is super gross, but even more so, that dude is handling a shrimp that has a parasitic isopod embedded in it with his bare hands. That's gonna be a huge no from me lmao