ReefCleaners.org

Best lighting for an ada 60f

Argargon1

Looking for any suggestions on new lighting for my ADA 60f. I previously had a Nano box mini tide on it but am parting with it due to a persistent friend. No budget in mind can go higher if needed. 

currently looking at maybe a hydra 32hd

M. Tournesol

Sorry 😛 , I was fanboying my light. 

More seriously, price wise, it is more costly than as a Radion G5 xR15 ( 470€ and 569 498€ for a GNC m and not the new GNC m pro).

And the coverage is similar:

• Radion G5 xR15 : 20 by 30 inch
  • GNC M : 23.62 by 25.59 inch

European fabrication and passive cooling are what make me buy it.

The real question is : do you want a good light or do you want a toy like me ?

If you want a good light the hydra 32hd seems be a perfect light with a good coverage for your tank.

Since the tank is shallow, the light will surly not be set at full power.

I run mine at 60% with a glass cover and my Pocilloporidae(easy sps) are happy and doing good.

M. Tournesol

You could even go for a strip light led to have a homogeneous lightning or two/three lights to have the possibility to have two/three different intensity zones and have corals with different light requirement in the tank. Indeed, the shallowness doesn't give a lot of variation in light intensity throughout the tank.

For my ADA 60f, my plan is to have a Pocilloporidae dominated tank. If not for this plan, two lights would have been my go to.