Coral Vue Hydros

Cyano ?

Saltmästarn

Saltmästarn

Been having trouble with these green algae/cyano or what ever it is for 2-3 months now and it’s getting worse every week . Been cleaning a lot and doing waterchanges but it only seem to make it worse. I know the pic sucks but if anyone could help me id it would great. Tanks Been running for 2 years  . Pic is taken after 3-4 days after water change , where I also cleaned the entire tank . And it looked great for 1 day b4 it started growing again .  Now it’s looking worse then ever 😕 . Help appreciated. 

0D024905-EB4A-4960-9A2A-DF281AFEF0C4.jpeg

Saltmästarn

Parameters are fine what I know and have been able to test . Tho nitrate might be wrong if the algae is consuming it since its a lot . Thanks 

KH - 9

Ca - 420

Mg - 1300

Salinity 1,024

Po4 - 0 

No3 - 0.5-1,0

No2 - 0.0

There is a variety of green cyano, so that's a valid guess.  IMO, cyano is primarily caused by excess organics (either due to detritus or dissolved in the water), but also can be due to a bacterial imbalance.

You can often help reduce organics by blowing detritus off of rocks with a turkey baster and siphoning detritus off of the sand bed.  Sometimes you have to stir up a section of a shallow sand bed to release its accumulated organics (don't do this across the entire sand bed, and don't do this with a deep sand bed).  Increased flow can help keep organics in suspension until your filters can remove them.  Activated carbon and protein skimmers can help with dissolved organics in the water column.

20 hours ago, Saltmästarn said:

Pic is taken after 3-4 days after water change , where I also cleaned the entire tank .

When you cleaned your entire tank, how did you clean the sand bed?

7 hours ago, Saltmästarn said:

Po4 - 0

Having undetectable phosphate during a cyano bloom isn't that unusual.  However, with phosphate being an important nutrient, I'd still like to see it detectable with a good low range test kit (like a Hanna ULR Phosphate Checker).

Saltmästarn

I cleaned the tank by siphoned the entire sand bed (at the front ). And cleaned the rock with a Baster .  I have had a skimmer and carbon running the entire time and also tried to increase flow . Nothing seems to help tbh . Really can’t figure out what’s wrong .