Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Test kit

mpugh

Hey guys,

what test kits do you guys recommend as apparently salifert is discontinued, so I was told by an lfs anyway. I can get them online, but if they are going, I will have to change eventually anyway, so why not do it now.

thanks

That’s what I was thinking. I sent my wife to go get some, she asked the people and that’s what she got told. The LFS is a national company though, so surely if one does it, the rest would, I don’t think they are franchised 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

8 minutes ago, Murphych said:

Maybe discontinued in your LFS.

Yeah, I'm guessing that it's just a temporary supply chain problem (maybe worse in the UK). :unsure:  Salifert is one of the most popular line of test kits.

33 minutes ago, mpugh said:

what test kits do you guys recommend as apparently Salifert is discontinued

I'd probably just order them online.  However, there are a number of other kits which are acceptable.  Do they offer Red Sea at your LFS?

4 hours ago, seabass said:

Yeah, I'm guessing that it's just a temporary supply chain problem (maybe worse in the UK). :unsure:  Salifert is one of the most popular line of test kits.

They just said it’s discontinued, which I I find strange, coz as you said, it’s extremely popular.

4 hours ago, seabass said:

Do they offer Red Sea at your LFS?

I’m sure I have seen it on the shelf 

DISQUALIFIED-QQ

Salifert is probably experience stocking problem since they have to sail from the Netherlands to here. I'd be patient and just grab it from BRS or SaltwaterAquarium.com if you can. They tend to be pretty good about stocking them regularly.

NYOS is a little higher if you price it per test, but I found using NO3 and PO4 to be pretty user friendly. Red Sea makes a decent line of kits. I have the nitrate and phos pro...its bundled as some algae control test kit pro or something. ...not cheap either but I think you get what you pay for sometimes.

If you get the Red Sea Marine Care kit,its like $60 but you get: Nitrates,Nitrites,Ammonia,PH and Alkalinity. They are nice,thats what I use,then I use Salifert for Calc,Mag,Phosphate and Alkalinity for a redundancy protection on alk.  

blasterman

Red Sea for calcium and salifert for alk. I use salifert alk test in low rez mode and it lasts forever. However, saliferts calcium test is vague.