ReefCleaners.org

ID on this worm?

wook1e

From what I can find, I believe this is a bristleworm. I’m just having a tough time identifying if this is a beneficial addition or a detriment to the tank. 

I apologize in advance for the quality of the photo, it poked its head out quickly when I had the pump and power head off for feeding. 

Any feedback is greatly appreciated! 

305161D5-0236-4C16-B0BB-15206CDD5496.jpeg

5 minutes ago, jedimasterben said:

Bristleworm, super beneficial to your tank, just don't touch them bare handed.

Roger that! So no need to quarantine the rock?

jedimasterben
12 hours ago, wook1e said:

Roger that! So no need to quarantine the rock?

Nope, tis fine! People tend to hate on them but they're probably the most effective part of a cleanup crew.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, jedimasterben said:

Nope, tis fine! People tend to hate on them but they're probably the most effective part of a cleanup crew.

YOU'RE ALIVE ?!?!?!? OMG... How is the family doing ? (Sorry to derail here lol) 

• Haha 1

in the days before dry rock i'm pretty sure every marine tank had those bristleworms. you could have them in a tank for years before ever seeing one. in nearly 6 months i've only seen one  of them only one time in my current tank.

jedimasterben
7 hours ago, rough eye said:

in the days before dry rock i'm pretty sure every marine tank had those bristleworms. you could have them in a tank for years before ever seeing one. in nearly 6 months i've only seen one  of them only one time in my current tank.

My rock all came uncured from the keys and I don't think a single one came in, and I was like wtf I actually want them!

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, jedimasterben said:

My rock all came uncured from the keys and I don't think a single one came in, and I was like wtf I actually want them!

you might have them and not know it yet.

jedimasterben
40 minutes ago, rough eye said:

you might have them and not know it yet.

I mean, it's been up for five years, so. :lol:

• Like 1