SaltCritters.com

Plexaura gorg?

LazyFish

It came as a nub atached to a rusty gorg I got from kp aquatics. It's a spices from the gulf.  I'm thinking its if the plexaura family. Its. Been growing for a while now. The bumps are more prominent in high lighting and almost disapear in lower light. They are a lighter color than the base tissue. Anyone know what it is? 20210509_120008.thumb.jpg.b5f1d927c18ad184afdf3f04fd873ffb.jpg20210508_084850.jpg

billygoat

I think it's most likely a purple candelabra, Eunicea flexuosa. This species used to belong to the genus Plexaura but was moved fairly recently. The only other species from that genus common to the hobby is P. homomalla, but that one normally has a tan/cream color rather than purple.

• Like 1

Ah I see looks very simmilar. The polyps seem more widely spaced on mine. Could be due to flow and whatnot too. The color has changed dramatically a few times. When I first got it it was charcoal color base and grey bumps with light tan polyps but it didnt maintain the color. For a while it was very pale with no bumps likely due it insufficient lighting and placement now it is as you see all shades of lavender. I still see simmilar ones listed as both eunecia and flexuosa thanks!