Top Shelf Aquatics

Experience with Aquarium Arts live rock?

jrdd

Hi all,

I wanted to ask whether anyone has experience with wet live rock from Aquarium Arts in Bakersfield, CA? I can’t seem to find any testimonials about it. I am considering a road trip to get some in person, but I can’t sort out whether it is “rock with coralline algae” or is there are more distinguishing qualities (macro algae , sponges, etc) that would warrant driving many hours for a few pieces.

https://aquariumarts.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would just contact them and ask. If it’s as purple as it shows then it’s still nice rock however they do seem two have two prices. Standard and premium. So if it’s more then

90 days… shows 150+ then the price per lb is higher. Just something to be aware of. 

It says by appointment only for pickup.

• 3 weeks later...
fishez4alivin

I was going to try it out, but it's not like ocean farmed rock.  It's in a tank seeded from past stock.    If I lived a couple hours away I would have gone to check it out, since the images on their website are probably their best stuff.  90 days will not give you a lot of coralline, probably spotting of it, not that heavy layer or plating it becomes in matured tanks.,