Cultivated Reef

Corals shipment delayed. Dead?

RyanReef

Corals were FedEx overnighted from FL on Tuesday and were supposed to be delivered to me in Ohio by noon on Wednesday. It is Thursday at 10 am and they are just now on the truck for delivery. It dropped down to 37 degrees here over night. They are toast, huh?

Blasto, 2 rock anemones, rhodactis mushroom, and a favia. Maybe the shroom survives? 

What do you think?

Sorry to hear this. Have you contacted vendor about this already? I am sure they were not on the truck overnight (cant be positive about this). Would give them extra time to acclimate to temperatures in the tank. Keeping my fingers crossed that they all make it though for you. Could dip in iodine to help with possible infections and bacteria. 

I did tell the vendor and they already assured me that they stand behind their corals even if FedEx runs late and it leads to death. So at least I know I'll get store credit if they don't make it. But damn, that Christmas morning feeling of waiting for your corals to be delivered sure was sullied! haha

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well the shipment just came. The one smaller rock anemone is toast. Everything else looks ok, hard to tell after shipping when nothing has much color. We'll see after some time floating in the tank

• Sad 1