ReefCleaners.org

29G Long stocking options

fishkeepersaltnfresh

fishkeepersaltnfresh

Hi All,

I lost my livestock in November due to ICH. I have allowed a 6 month Fallow period. I only have Corals & few snails in my tank right now.

I want to start re-stocking again. Please suggest some good options.

My tank does not have any substrate. Hence I am not sure if I should host any Blenny or a Goby.

I definitely want:

ClownFish x 1

Pygmy Angel Fish x 1 - this could be coral beauty or bicolor or lemonpeel

What else do you suggest?

Lemonpeels are one of the worst coral pickers. 

How about a Pygmy? Would fit better size wise too. 

A blenny would be fine and there are gobies that don’t use substrate like neon gobys or clown gobies or green banded gobies and such. 

Pink streak and possible wrasses are adorable if you can find one.

Royal gramma are another that comes to mind. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
fishkeepersaltnfresh

I will definitely  look into wrasses. Maybe a 6 line as well. I am a bit hesitant  about Royal Gramma. Heard it is a hot or a miss.

• Like 1
fishkeepersaltnfresh

So I waited 6 months before I introduced the fish again. I have always wanted to have a pygmy angelfish. The local LFS did not have it, but had the coral beauty and hence bought it. This weekend I went to a different LFS and I find out that they do have a very small cherub angelfish. It is smaller than an inch. 

I am sort of feeling bad for buying the coral beauty just to find out couple of days latter that the fish I always wanted is at stock at another LFS (a bit far away).

Question: Can i keep both of them in my 29G? I think not... just wanted to give it a try....

On 5/10/2021 at 11:27 AM, fishkeepersaltnfresh said:

So I waited 6 months before I introduced the fish again. I have always wanted to have a pygmy angelfish. The local LFS did not have it, but had the coral beauty and hence bought it. This weekend I went to a different LFS and I find out that they do have a very small cherub angelfish. It is smaller than an inch. 

I am sort of feeling bad for buying the coral beauty just to find out couple of days latter that the fish I always wanted is at stock at another LFS (a bit far away).

Question: Can i keep both of them in my 29G? I think not... just wanted to give it a try....

I would not in a tank this size to die dwarf angels being aggressive to others of their kind with same feeding habits, territory, and shape. 

Can you trade the coral beauty in for the Pygmy or for store credit? 

Definitely always wait for the fish you really want because they will always show up sooner or later. 

• Like 1
fishkeepersaltnfresh
7 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

I would not in a tank this size to die dwarf angels being aggressive to others of their kind with same feeding habits, territory, and shape. 

Can you trade the coral beauty in for the Pygmy or for store credit? 

Definitely always wait for the fish you really want because they will always show up sooner or later. 

I dont think the LFS will do store credit 😞

I have been patient for 6 months. Why did I not wait till the weekend 😞

1 minute ago, fishkeepersaltnfresh said:

I dont think the LFS will do store credit 😞

I have been patient for 6 months. Why did I not wait till the weekend 😞

I waited over a year for my radiant wrasses and still waiting for a pink streak. Many fish are seasonal too. 

You could give it back for free and eat the cost I guess. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Tamberav said:

I waited over a year for my radiant wrasses and still waiting for a pink streak. Many fish are seasonal too. 

Are sexy shrimp seasonal too?  I have been looking for them for a while @ my LFS and not seeing them arrive.