Innovative Marine Aquariums

anemone

cockatoo fish man thing

cockatoo fish man thing

Hey! I was wondering i have a 10 gallon reef tank and i've been wanting a bta for my clown but i've heard that they get too big for a 10 gallon. Any ideas?

DevilDuck

Yes, they will eventually get too big for a 10g also your clown is not guaranteed to host the anemone nor do they need one to thrive. My clown pair doesn't host anything even though they have a lot of options.

How long has the tank been up? What lighting are you using?

I have a bubble tip anemone in a 13.5 gallon AIO tank (which is about 10 gallons in the main display). Read through my log, it was a challenge keeping it initially since it moved about and stung other corals in the tank for the first few months.

I was lucky, but I wouldn't do it again unless I have a larger more mature tank.

They can get large and it doesn't take long. They can also split or have babies.

Clowns don't need anemones, sone won't go near them. 

My clown never hosted the anemones but preferred xenia and duncans.

cockatoo fish man thing
6 hours ago, Clown79 said:

They can get large and it doesn't take long. They can also split or have babies.

Clowns don't need anemones, sone won't go near them. 

My clown never hosted the anemones but preferred xenia and duncans.

oh ok

7 hours ago, DevilDuck said:

Yes, they will eventually get too big for a 10g also your clown is not guaranteed to host the anemone nor do they need one to thrive. My clown pair doesn't host anything even though they have a lot of options.

How long has the tank been up? What lighting are you using?

I have a bubble tip anemone in a 13.5 gallon AIO tank (which is about 10 gallons in the main display). Read through my log, it was a challenge keeping it initially since it moved about and stung other corals in the tank for the first few months.

I was lucky, but I wouldn't do it again unless I have a larger more mature tank.

its been up for a year i have a coral light i dont remember the name of it tho

cockatoo fish man thing

Do any of you have ideas on corals or anemones i could put in my 10 gallon because my clown fish is cuddling in the algae and i know thats not bad but i kinda want something that looks better and she can actually fit in xD