Cultivated Reef

My EcoTech Radion Pro XR-30

tjrzeszotarski2@hotmail.co

tjrzeszotarski2@hotmail.co

I'm at the end of my rope.  I have two perfectly working Gen 3 Radion Pro XR-30s.  I've dropped 12 hours of my life trying to get this to work.  The basics:

-  The lights (2) and reeflink are formerly owned.  They have worked as of two days ago.

-  The reeflink has been reset and linked to my account

-  I have called tech support three times.  The third gentleman told me that it's likely the devices or my cords (I have tried four different USB cords) are faulty.  Which I know to be not true.

-  I have left a message to hopefully get somebody knowledgeable  

-  I have tried the USB direct to my laptop using connection manager

-  I have uninstalled connection manager and attempted to use reeflink

-  Lights are detected on my computer as active devices 

- Ecosmartlive.com does not detect my lights but does detect my reeflink

-  I've attempted to reset my lights but have no idea if reeflink successfully did this

-  My lights work when I plug them in.  

I'm lost friends.  If you have ideas, please let me know.  I can't imagine calling back a helpdesk that thinks the reason is my USB cables (all four of them) are faulty.  Or that there is a hardware problem.  

Questions I have:  

-  are these lights still linked the previous owners account and therefore cannot be recognized?

-  what is the problem with connection manager on your laptop vs. using the online reeflink solution?

-  why the bleep isn't either light being discovered by either reeflink or directly from my computer?

-  Isn't shouldn't be this hard, should it?

Seeking your great council oh universe.

Saltysheep
48 minutes ago, tjrzeszotarski2@hotmail.co said:

I'm at the end of my rope.  I have two perfectly working Gen 3 Radion Pro XR-30s.  I've dropped 12 hours of my life trying to get this to work.  The basics:

-  The lights (2) and reeflink are formerly owned.  They have worked as of two days ago.

-  The reeflink has been reset and linked to my account

-  I have called tech support three times.  The third gentleman told me that it's likely the devices or my cords (I have tried four different USB cords) are faulty.  Which I know to be not true.

-  I have left a message to hopefully get somebody knowledgeable  

-  I have tried the USB direct to my laptop using connection manager

-  I have uninstalled connection manager and attempted to use reeflink

-  Lights are detected on my computer as active devices 

- Ecosmartlive.com does not detect my lights but does detect my reeflink

-  I've attempted to reset my lights but have no idea if reeflink successfully did this

-  My lights work when I plug them in.  

I'm lost friends.  If you have ideas, please let me know.  I can't imagine calling back a helpdesk that thinks the reason is my USB cables (all four of them) are faulty.  Or that there is a hardware problem.  

Questions I have:  

-  are these lights still linked the previous owners account and therefore cannot be recognized?

-  what is the problem with connection manager on your laptop vs. using the online reeflink solution?

-  why the bleep isn't either light being discovered by either reeflink or directly from my computer?

-  Isn't shouldn't be this hard, should it?

Seeking your great council oh universe.

Check the browser your using, I had to install chrome to get it to work. Do you still have the instructions manual ? I had to follow the instructions exactly to get it to recognize the lights on the connection manger the first time. I didn’t have a reef link.

• 3 months later...

Man I had a similar issue.  I bought mine used and it took literally a day and a half to get connected to the light   I will say that I did have to find a thicker, more quality cord because the first 2 I tried did not work.   But the whole setup process was VERY frustrating for me.   I'd just tell you to keep trying it.  Once I got the right cord, it still is finicky when I make adjustments to the schedule.  about 25% of the time I connect the computer to the fixture it doesn't find it.  Its the most frustrating part of these fixtures.  

• 1 month later...

Different lights instead of these would be my answer...that's way too much bother.  (I don't have time or patience to waste like that.)  

Kessils or even generic black-boxes would be easier to setup and just as effective.   Almost anything else, in fact.  

What you went through so far is crazy to me.  Sorry you had to go thru it!