Innovative Marine Aquariums

Metro/Prazi în Food?

rough eye

rough eye

hi, i've got a couple really, healthy, happy fishes. BUT did notice stringy poop from clown right after water change. Could it be something he's had for months but just affects him once in a while, if he's stressed or something? It's been a few weeks since i introduced anything new. During the time I've had him he's gained weight and has been active and kind of normal (considering he's a clown). The tail spot blenny doesn't show any sign of any sickness.

I'm wondering if there's a food i can offer in the tank so I don't have to quarantine. Either something prepared or something i can prepare myself.

rough eye
20 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

Stringy poop isn't always a parasite, sometimes its diet. 

good point. the blenny prefers frozen and he gets Rod's nearly every day, with mysis or brine interspersed at times. the clown will eat some of the frozen but i always give pellets since he really goes nuts for them. mostly i give him a little of the Hikari pellets every day but the past 2 days i fed Nyos algae pellets along with the usual frozen. i figured a little vegetarian would be good for him.

I hope that's all it is. I'd hate to make the fish miserable for a couple weeks while putting them in quarantine.

so now i'm at a crossroads. the fish is apparently healthy - active, eating well. but i'm still seeing white stringy poop. i'd like to treat with API general cure and a binder in food but really don't want to set up a hospital tank and put him through that for a few weeks. the tail spot shows no sign of any illness, even after watching him gulp down the waste of the clown a week ago. administering the meds in my tank would put the 2 ricordea and the GSP at risk, i guess. 

what would you all do? remove the clown? both fish? administer in tank? if it's food related irritation would it be the rod's frozen food or the hikari marine s pellets - both of which he eats daily - that would most likely cause it?