Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

May 2021 Featured Reef - Spazizz's 20 Gallon Nano Reef

Christopher Marks

Christopher Marks

For May 2021 we're featuring community member @spazizz and his incredible 20 Gallon Leather & LPS Dominant Nano Reef!

May-2021-Featured-Reef-Profile-promo.jpg

Tap the photo above to check out his featured reef profile article! You can also find spazizz's aquarium journal in our Aquarium Journals forum to learn more about the history of this tank. Share your questions and comments for spazizz in the comments section found at the bottom of the article!

• Like 3
  • Wow 2
banasophia

Congratulations! Such a beautiful tank!! I love the diversity of your livestock, and your low maintenance approach. You’ve inspired me to add some mini scolys to my tanks.

• Like 2

@banasophia I’d love to add more minis but I haven’t been seeing any from my sources, I do plan on getting few more of the bigger scolys when I’m ready. All of my scolys do well, I attribute that to spot feeding them and mounting them semi vertical. My minis skeleton is the size of a nickel but they inflate to 2-3 inches!

• Like 3
ECLS Reefer
2 hours ago, spazizz said:

@banasophia I’d love to add more minis but I haven’t been seeing any from my sources, I do plan on getting few more of the bigger scolys when I’m ready. All of my scolys do well, I attribute that to spot feeding them and mounting them semi vertical. My minis skeleton is the size of a nickel but they inflate to 2-3 inches!

Corals Anonymous sells button scolys. I have one and it came healthy and has already grown well in size. 

Gorgeous tank, congrats!!

• Like 1
banasophia

Ah yes one of my LFSs often gets the minis, and a vendor that posts on FB too. That’s interesting about mounting them at an angle... I’ll have to try that if I get one. And I had no idea they inflated that much... good to keep in mind for placement. 

• Christopher Marks unpinned this topic