inTank Media Baskets

Best AIO Nano (if needing to keep the lid!)

Palmer

Hey everyone

Not new to the saltwater reef world but not experienced in the nano section of the hobby. I’m going to be in a job next fall where I am planning on setting a nano tank up in my office. The thing is I know these AIO systems tend to need upgrading and it’s part of the fun but The one thing I want to retain is the AIO look with a lid to contain the lighting etc. I have seen some mods with the Fluval  EVO 13.5 with added strips glued to the inside of the lid next to the stock. But I’m unfamiliar with all the other brands and potential. Any suggestions of other systems or lights given this one limitation?

thanks!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
21 minutes ago, Palmer said:

Hey everyone

Not new to the saltwater reef world but not experienced in the nano section of the hobby. I’m going to be in a job next fall where I am planning on setting a nano tank up in my office. The thing is I know these AIO systems tend to need upgrading and it’s part of the fun but The one thing I want to retain is the AIO look with a lid to contain the lighting etc. I have seen some mods with the Fluval  EVO 13.5 with added strips glued to the inside of the lid next to the stock. But I’m unfamiliar with all the other brands and potential. Any suggestions of other systems or lights given this one limitation?

thanks!

When I was just beginning, I fell in love with the look of what the vendor wanted to produce with out add-ons etc!  I loved JBJ cube tanks, the 12 gallon cube was one of my first tanks.  I enjoyed the natural look it came with like you mention, closed lid with at that time PC compact lighting.  Then Oceanic put out theirs and it took off.  Look for the JBJ and see if you can pick one up, they are affordable and make for a great entry tank.  Happy reefing!

45 minutes ago, SnackySmores said:

Try the Innovative Marine tanks, they have several options and all of the aio ones come with a lid.

Im's don't come with an enclosed lid, only a mesh one.

If the OP is looking for a closed hood with lights in aio, IM doesn't offer that.

Biocube

Jbj

Fluval

Are the only ones i can think of

• Like 1
SnackySmores
1 hour ago, Clown79 said:

Im's don't come with an enclosed lid, only a mesh one.

If the OP is looking for a closed hood with lights in aio, IM doesn't offer that.

Biocube

Jbj

Fluval

Are the only ones i can think of

You are right, IMs are mesh. I've seen the JBJs those look nice.

Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone. It seems like a lot of the proprietary nano tank products are moving toward lidless models perhaps seeing how people tend to upgrade the lights etc. I will likely wait until I am in the space to pick something up but I’m leaning towards the fluval 13.5 as I want it to be something that sits directly beside my work area. One thing I noticed is the TrueLumen lights by Current USA that I have seen people use to upgrade inside canopy’s seem to no longer be available in 12” strips? I’ve also noticed folks getting waterproof ( sealed in tube) LED strips. Not sure how the PAR or lighting intensity are on these though.

• Like 1