Innovative Marine Aquariums

William's Fijicube 108 EXT, Bananna Eel

William

On 9/27/2021 at 2:14 PM, William said:

And now in QT. 

was pretty crazy taking him on a plane flight though…. TSA was not amused. 

he/she is now in QT

How did the tsa flight thing pan out? Did they object to "too much liquid" and did they make you check the eel or what?  This has got to be a good story.  

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/items/live-fish

I see it is allowed, and you can't check them... hmm 

/me still would like to hear how this all panned out.  

18 minutes ago, fenderchamp said:

How did the tsa flight thing pan out? Did they object to "too much liquid" and did they make you check the eel or what?  This has got to be a good story.  

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/items/live-fish

I see it is allowed, and you can't check them... hmm 

/me still would like to hear how this all panned out.  

They made me go through very personal screening and made me prove the eel was alive, it was swimming around so the latter part was easy. The first part made me

feel like I was at a urologist’s office. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2022 at 10:06 PM, ninjamyst said:

Awesome tank!  Sorry to read about the fish issues at the beginning.  I plan to get a pair of blue throat trigger for my new tank.  How you like yours while you had it?

Thanks, I hope to add another female down the road. Currently I am dosing H2O2 based on the humble fish method and my recurrent velvet outbreak seems to have subsided. 

I also just scored this today from @PacificEastAquaculture . If you did not know, they are an amazing source for healthy exotic anemones. 

I really need to update this build thread, as there have been numerous changes.  I hope to do that shortly. 

1AE3CC16-F3D0-4C5C-8C4C-78F34894A6DA.jpeg

• Like 2

That looks amazing!!!!  

I was just reading the H202 dosing post on humblefish the other day!  Will definitely do that when I start stocking my tank.  What kind of food are you feeding the trigger to help with his teeth?  Fresh clams with shells?

9 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

That looks amazing!!!!  

I was just reading the H202 dosing post on humblefish the other day!  Will definitely do that when I start stocking my tank.  What kind of food are you feeding the trigger to help with his teeth?  Fresh clams with shells?

From what I have read, blue throats eat more plankton like food and less clams etc (I have two corcea clams in my system). He likes reef frenzy and pellet food. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/10/2022 at 10:20 PM, Chibils said:

Looking good! It's really filled out. Are you happy with the Reefis?

I absolutely love them. Best light on the market (but the app is really lacking) and it probably is not the easiest light for a beginner (unless you

borrow someone else’s program) 

I am considering upgrading two of the lights to the V2, but certainly don’t need to.