ReefCleaners.org

It's probably not necessary to have the fish before you transfer the shrimp.  However, the fish helps protect the shrimp, so it might not be a bad idea to wait.

• Like 1
Kindanewtothis

Update on the 10g:

I could not find any dinos, false alarm I think but the tank is in bad shape and needs a good cleanup and a significant water change. The zoas frag I have in this tank do not look good since 3 or 4 days now (see pic). Everything looks "dusty" (the rocks, mexican turbo shell, water heater.

I try to capture the pistol shrimp today. My plan is to take water out in a bucket, remove the main rocks, net it and transfer it directly in the 50g. I could not find a YWG. I wanted to wait to have a pair but I choose better conditions over pairing. I'll get a YWG when possible and hope they find each other in the 50g.

20211125_191751.jpg

Kindanewtothis

Ok guys I need a quick answer before I do a stupidity.

I took the rocks out of the tank to net the pistol shrimp. It's in the 50g now. The neon goby was hiding in a rock and is now in the bucket. Do I put it back in the 10g or with its small bioload I should add it to the 50g?

So 10 ou 50?

The 10g will be sold.

Have you ever had any GHA in your tanks?  

My 10 gallon since bumping up the nutrient level is getting some good GHA growth on the back wall and a few of my frags.    MY Marco - Live Rock seems to be seasoned off enough to be avoiding GHA so far - the rising Nutrient level is actually starting to cause some bright red corraline algae forming ( I think ).  

I'm going through my first ugly stage - First Dino - now GHA as I raise the nutrient levels.

Kindanewtothis
31 minutes ago, Jakesaw said:

Have you ever had any GHA in your tanks?  

My 10 gallon since bumping up the nutrient level is getting some good GHA growth on the back wall and a few of my frags.    MY Marco - Live Rock seems to be seasoned off enough to be avoiding GHA so far - the rising Nutrient level is actually starting to cause some bright red corraline algae forming ( I think ).  

I'm going through my first ugly stage - First Dino - now GHA as I raise the nutrient levels.

No GHA in any tanks but I got something that really looks like dinos in the 10g

20211126_151422.jpg

20211126_151427.jpg

3 minutes ago, Kindanewtothis said:

No GHA in any tanks but I got something that really looks like dinos in the 10g

20211126_151422.jpg

20211126_151427.jpg

So far it's a minor thing that's new and not really bothering me. But it could get nasty quickly - I suppose.

I scraped some off the back wall last night and it's already back there again.  - FUN

Kindanewtothis
1 hour ago, Kindanewtothis said:

I took the rocks out of the tank to net the pistol shrimp. It's in the 50g now. The neon goby was hiding in a rock and is now in the bucket. Do I put it back in the 10g or with its small bioload I should add it to the 50g?

So 10 ou 50?

The 10g will be sold.

It's in the 50g now and is hiding in the RG home while the RG swims around... it might not like it

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Kindanewtothis said:

So 10 ou 50?

The 10g will be sold.

Didn't originally just want the 10 as a QT tank?

IMO you're stressing yourself out trying to run 2 tanks. If it were me I would shutdown the 10.

• Like 2
Kindanewtothis
38 minutes ago, PeterU said:

Didn't originally just want the 10 as a QT tank?

IMO you're stressing yourself out trying to run 2 tanks. If it were me I would shutdown the 10.

That's exactly what I'm doing. There is only the springeri and the cuc left in the 10g. I'm closing that tank.

Kindanewtothis

So right now in the 50g there is:

1 flame angelfish 

2 ocellaris clownfish 

1 royal gramma

1 neon goby

1 cleaner shrimp 

1 tiger pistol shrimp

About 10 blue and red legs hermits

1 scarlet hermit 

4 nassarius 

6 trochus

4 Mexican turbos

2 astreas

4 ceriths 

1 strawberry conch

Phosphate 0.15 stable and a little high

Nitrate 1.79 still too low

Left in the 10g:

1 springeri 

1 halloween hermit 

5 snails 

Considering I'm looking for a YWG, would the springeri be too much for the 50g?

20211127_110931.jpg

Edited by Kindanewtothis
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Kindanewtothis said:

Considering I'm looking for a YWG, would the springeri be too much for the 50g?

I'd consider it a lot; however, I believe that it's possible.

• Thanks 1
Kindanewtothis
16 hours ago, seabass said:

I'd consider it a lot; however, I believe that it's possible.

Springeri is now in the 50g, no fish left in the 10g. I cannot find my halloween hermit, it must be in a rock, I found some molt. There is also a trochu somewhere. I need a brush for the mexican turbo shell it's full of algae and "stuff".

Kindanewtothis

All is out from the 10g except the Mexican turbo (I need a brush) and the zoa frag that is not going in the 50g.

Now I got to make sure everyone eats in the 50g.

• Kindanewtothis changed the title to Kinda's Large Tank Adventure (LTA)