Top Shelf Aquatics

Kindanewtothis
1 hour ago, Tired said:

It may just not have wanted to change its shell right then. Giving a hermit a shell and seeing it immediately accept the new one is actually pretty unusual. Leave the shells in just in case. 

I understand that but still the shell was about the same size that the one it has now. About collecting shells at the beach, it's not an option where I live.

Kindanewtothis

Yeah I found a site in Canada that even let you choose the size of the opening of the shell in mm and the price was cheap... but shipping was out of this world high.

• Like 1
Kindanewtothis

3o7abA4a0QCXtSxGN2.gif.a4df14d6497e054415bb70d862d2c39e.gif

Springeri is eating the flatworms in the 10g! No aggression in the tank, they all seems not to care about the others (neon goby and YWG).

• Like 6
Kindanewtothis

Some rare dinos but mostly diatoms. Sample is from the 50g. The plan is to keep on doing what I do now meaning adding pods twice a week and dosing phyto every night. I guess it's normal that there are some dinos in the tank and without a microscope I wouldn't know they are there.

20211027_161926.jpg

• Like 3
Kindanewtothis
1 minute ago, DevilDuck said:

How much spongeExcel did you dose? I haven't seen any diatoms in mine yet.

Not much (1/3 of a bottle in total) and I'm not dosing it anymore. Haven't been dosing it for weeks.

Diatoms are not dinos but still doesn't make my sandbed looks good...

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Kindanewtothis said:

Thanks to @Melfy77 the LTA is in the tank.

It's a least as big as the one I had.

I hope the clowns will leave the frogspawn.

20211031_150051.jpg

That is a very nice LTA!!! Looks good in your tank😁😉

• Like 1
Kindanewtothis
Just now, Melfy77 said:

That is a very nice LTA!!! Looks good in your tank😁😉

Really like the green tips on it. I like where it is but it's a bit in the shades. I might need to review my rockworks or maybe even remove some rocks.

9 hours ago, Kindanewtothis said:

I like where it is but it's a bit in the shade. I might need to review my rock work or maybe even remove some rocks.

:rolleyes: OMG, let the tank and anemone be.  The anemone can figure out where it wants to be.  There are reasons why people recommend a mature tank for these anemones; like not being constantly fussed with (not currently experiencing problems, past the ugly stages, good biodiversity, stable nutrients and parameters, experience, etc).

BTW, the new LTA is "magnificent". 👍  Please don't kill it. :wink:

However, I feel that you've learned a lot since your first attempt, so Good Luck!

• Like 7

Yup the anemone will go where it wants to. It needs to get used your tank (flow, light) and every time you move something, it can change flow and/or light, stressing the anemone and resulting in the anemone moving 🙂 leave it. Forget it's in the tank hahaha. Wait at least 1 week to feed it 🙂

• Like 5
Kindanewtothis

@seabass I got a phyto culture question for you if you don't mind.

What's the harm in not haversting each week? I got too much phyto on hand and I have another 2 liters ready to harvest. 

The culture will eventually crash.  Keep harvesting it weekly, pouring it down the drain if need be.  You might decide to use smaller culture bottles if you're making too much.

• Thanks 1
Kindanewtothis
9 hours ago, seabass said:

You might decide to use smaller culture bottles if you're making too much

Thinking about it but I manage to give and even sell some of it. 

A "custumer" delayed his order so I also have a lot of pods on hand but that can always go in the tanks and as long as I feed the pods and do mini water changes in the culture the pods can wait.

Kindanewtothis
On 10/17/2021 at 2:50 PM, Kindanewtothis said:

Phosphate 0.23

Nitrate 5.3

KH 9.8

Phosphate 0.19

Nitrate 0.8 ???

KH 9.8

I do not understand the nitrate drop. Should I do something about it? I was planning a 16 liters water change today to lower phosphate a bit but now I don't know. Should I do the water change and dose nitrate a bit? 

There is some in the water column, at least at the surface. Brownish, you can see it on the syringe from the test (small brown dots that sticked to it). Could it be just diatoms in the water? I do not think it's dinos.

Left side needs maintenance, I need a longer syphon tube so the sand is not/less sucked out.

20211107_083524.jpg

20211107_085024.jpg

20211107_085044.jpg

• Like 1
  • Kindanewtothis changed the title to Kinda's Large Tank Adventure (LTA)