ReefCleaners.org

Looks like your dinos have resolved or are resolving themselves.  Since I had similar issue in this thread topic, I'll add that I added 2 fish and dirtied up my feeding a big, and my Nitrates are somewhere between 2 - 5. 

It seems to be reversing my Dinos as well.Not getting new clumps on my powerhead and I've seen a spot or two of green algae growing on my aquarium walls.  First time for my tank.

• Like 2
Kindanewtothis
47 minutes ago, seabass said:

Haha... could it be seasonal?  The dinos in my tanks are noticeably in decline too.

They did a migration to reproduce and will comeback with the kids!

• Haha 1
Kindanewtothis
1 hour ago, Jakesaw said:

Nitrates are somewhere between 2 - 5

I really like my hanna checker, really precise. I'm like Ray Charles with these colours test

Kindanewtothis
1 hour ago, Jakesaw said:

Looks like your dinos have resolved or are resolving themselves. 

I dino-x them out of the 50g, but they disappeared almost overnight in the 10g.

2 hours ago, Kindanewtothis said:

I really like my hanna checker, really precise. I'm like Ray Charles with these colours test

After looking at the color squares for Nitrate gestimating what color was best.  I had considrered the Hanna Checkers.  They seem to have mixed reviews on BRS and pricey per test.  Something in the back of my mind though

2 hours ago, Kindanewtothis said:

They are.

Curious are you sporting a cover on any of your tanks?

I had the unfortunate experience of my first jumper last night.  Lights went off and the clown floated to his top corner, Bicolor eBlenny backed into his favorite rock hole, and my Yellowtail chromis damselfish darted around the tank all night, til he got some good speed and exited the tank. 

Found him this morning on the carpet, dry as a tater chip.

Built a less than ideal screen lid today.   Might be something you want to put on your to do list.  Home Depot screen kits are pretty easy to work with.

• Like 2
Kindanewtothis
2 hours ago, Jakesaw said:

Curious are you sporting a cover on any of your tanks?

No covers on both tanks. I should take a look at these screen kits.

11 minutes ago, Kindanewtothis said:

No covers on both tanks. I should take a look at these screen kits.

I observed my fish and figured - I don't have jumpers.  They're good.  Until... they weren't.  On the bright side it was my least expensive fish to replace.  

They can try and jump all they want now ( well maybe not so much by the HOB filter ) but the rest of the tank.   JUMP AWAY111

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You should absolutely get a lid. There's no reason not to, except aesthetics, and "it looks slightly better without a lid" is a bad reason to leave an opportunity for fish to die a nasty death. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, Tired said:

You should absolutely get a lid. There's no reason not to, except aesthetics, and "it looks slightly better without a lid" is a bad reason to leave an opportunity for fish to die a nasty death. 

I've lost many fish when I had no lid.  Clownfish (2x), puffer (2x). I lost an orchid dottyback when the lid had a 1/2" gap 😕

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Tired said:

Last night when I had the lid on and my tank lights were out, I swear I heard a screen lid kept everytbody in tank. 

I'm amending my recommendation to make it clearer: you should get a very tightly-fitting lid, with no gaps, and with a mesh small enough that your fish can't jump out. I have a solid glass lid (and open AIO compartment tops) because I couldn't find a lid with a mesh small enough to keep my roughhead blenny in. Never assume that a gap is fine, even a small one. Loads of stories out there of fish dying because they somehow found a gap they could just barely fit out of. I don't know if they deliberately aim for the open space, or if it's just multiple cases of bad luck. 

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Tired said:

I'm amending my recommendation to make it clearer: you should get a very tightly-fitting lid, with no gaps, and with a mesh small enough that your fish can't jump out. I have a solid glass lid (and open AIO compartment tops) because I couldn't find a lid with a mesh small enough to keep my roughhead blenny in. Never assume that a gap is fine, even a small one. Loads of stories out there of fish dying because they somehow found a gap they could just barely fit out of. I don't know if they deliberately aim for the open space, or if it's just multiple cases of bad luck. 

My blenny made it through 1/4" mesh, i had to double up the mesh to make smaller openings. Luckily he survived the jump cause i was around.

My spotted goby in my 25g made it through the 1/4" mesh, he did not make it. But the mesh did save my clown who jumped a few times from being spooked. 

Its definitely something that happens often enough that i would never have an open tank

• Like 2

Is everything OK inside?

7 minutes ago, Kindanewtothis said:

Came home to see this. It's now green, what do I do?

IDK, clean the glass?  Maybe a water change?  More herbivorous snails?

If everything looks fine, I wouldn't worry.

• Like 1
  • Kindanewtothis changed the title to Kinda's Large Tank Adventure (LTA)