SaltCritters.com

Kindanewtothis
44 minutes ago, M. Tournesol said:

Frozen foods are generally not sent with a refrigerant pack (too costly). To have the best result (and not receive unfrozen gooey food), you should buy a good amount of frozen foods at the same time. This is why all my frozen foods have been bought at a LFT (two gobies don't need 10 packs).

Shipping is a 40$ flat rate. So I started adding stuff since it was a flat rate. I can get frozen food at the lfs. I just did know think long enough... but now there is a surprise coming! Plus they sometimes give freebie.

• Wow 1
1 hour ago, Kindanewtothis said:

Shipping is a 40$ flat rate. So I started adding stuff since it was a flat rate. I can get frozen food at the lfs. I just did know think long enough... but now there is a surprise coming! Plus they sometimes give freebie.

Candy Corals? Not impressed with their shipping rates. It's 60 to Alberta but only 50 to Saskatchewan or BC.

Fragbox is only 40 to Alberta.

I got my Yellow Clown Goby from Candy Corals only because it was captive bred and they had one. Added some zoas to help make the shipping worth it. I'm trying to buy local but it's not always possible.

Kindanewtothis
19 minutes ago, PeterU said:

I got my Yellow Clown Goby from Candy Corals only because it was captive bred and they had one. Added some zoas to help make the shipping worth it. I'm trying to buy local but it's not always possible.

There is only one good fish store in Quebec city and they only have one brand of pods and it's a blend. 

• Like 1
Kindanewtothis

It's christmas!!!!

Got the apocyclops pods

Got the pink hammer (2 heads)

Radioactive zoas

Plus:

1 mystery zoa frag

1 mystery frag that I don't know and can't read the name any help (see pic)

20211221_141226.jpg

20211221_143143.jpg

• Like 2
Kindanewtothis

Do you direct feed acans and favias?

I don't feed my frogspawn and hammer and they grow, slowly, but they grow.

Edited by Kindanewtothis
1 hour ago, Kindanewtothis said:

Do you feed acans and favias?

I don't feed my frogspawn and hammer and they grow, slowly, but they grow.

Acans you can feed.  Turn off the flow and you can spot feed mysis / brine shrimp like you feed frogspawns. I try to feed each head weekly when I have left over frozen.  

- Favia - I've not tried to feed.  My guess would be no, but never hurts to try.

Kindanewtothis
12 minutes ago, Jakesaw said:

Acans you can feed.  Turn off the flow and you can spot feed mysis / brine shrimp like you feed frogspawns. I try to feed each head weekly when I have left over frozen.  

- Favia - I've not tried to feed.  My guess would be no, but never hurts to try.

But do I need to? I dose phyto every night.

40 minutes ago, Kindanewtothis said:

But do I need to? I dose phyto every night.

Phyto is probably supporting pods, and the pods will help feed corals.  But I don't believe that LPS feed directly on phyto.  I'm not sure though.  I would be feeding the LPS something meaty something like once a week.

They are photosynthetic, but LPS usually likes weekly feedings.

• Thanks 1
Kindanewtothis

I was wrong about my pods culture being a monoculture of tisbe. The apocyclops panamensis are just late bloomers... So I now have a tisbes/apocyclops culture and an apocyclops only culture next to it.....

Cannot have too much pods...

20211223_173453.jpg

Kindanewtothis

YWG is doing well but only eats brine shrimps. I think it's going to be in the 10g for a while because I'm affraid it won't take its place in the 50g and will not eat.

20211223_172846.jpg

• Like 1
On 12/21/2021 at 7:56 PM, Kindanewtothis said:

YWG is doing well but only eats brine shrimps. I think it's going to be in the 10g for a while because I'm affraid it won't take its place in the 50g and will not eat.

Sometimes it just takes a while and for the fish to get hungry.

My Clown started only eating Brine shrimp

Switched to Frozen Mysis, and he wouldn't touch it - now he eats it but not as aggressively as Brine - but at night that's his only choice for food on Mysis night.

Tried to add Flake food - Fish said NO WAY.  HE's now eating flake every morning ( though picky of flake color unless he's really hungry )

Eats pellets but picky on brand

My Talbot

Started only eating Hikari Marine S Pellets ( Fed at LFS and still his favorite food )

Frozen Brine - Wouldn't touch brine - now eats it but only small bits

Mysis - Eats sparingly

Flake food - wouldn't touch it for a good while, now starting to eat it when I feed Clown.  Can't put too much Flake in there as neither fish will eat a ton of flake. 

I think - If the Fish is hungry, they'll try things to survive.  May not like them all the same, but if he's healthy fish he should eat.  

Have you called LFS to ask what they were feeding him at the store. May help while the fish expands his palate.

• Like 2
Kindanewtothis
56 minutes ago, Jakesaw said:

Have you called LFS to ask what they were feeding him at the store. May help while the fish expands his palate.

I did not but they received the fish and I was there the next morning, not even sure they fed it.

Kindanewtothis

I'm conflicted, I got a gift certificate at my LFS and they're doing a boxing day sale tomorrow but I added a lot to the tank recently...

Boxing day is just a good time to get a torch...

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Kindanewtothis said:

I'm conflicted, I got a gift certificate at my LFS and they're doing a boxing day sale tomorrow but I added a lot to the tank recently...

Merry Xmas

I had a recent sale 35 - 40 percent off everything coral.  I added some frags when I didn't really have the sand space in my 10 gal.  I found room and got my first Hammer, Ricordaia, ad a few others.  Will be adding next Christmas too. 

• Like 1
  • Kindanewtothis changed the title to Kinda's Large Tank Adventure (LTA)