Coral Vue Hydros

Kindanewtothis
12 minutes ago, M. Tournesol said:

Yes, but the problem is not how you are feeling but how your fish will be feeling 😑. I hope you will give him a better home when it will outgrow your tank.

Well the fish went from a 30 gallons to a 50 for now. It will have more diversify food (they mostly feed brine). When it will outgrow my tank, and I know it will happen, I'll do what I have to.

• Like 2
Kindanewtothis

The frogspawn colony (8-10 heads) might not make it either. The flame angel really did a rampage once it started. Hammers seem ok.

What can make mushrooms shrink to the point of disapearing?

• Sad 2
Kindanewtothis
11 hours ago, DevilDuck said:

Wow that flame angel really went to town. Sorry for the loss. Looks like there still maybe flesh in there so some heads may bounce back with time.

It did, the colony is slowly coming back to life but 3 of its heads look dead.

I'm suspecting the flame began with mushrooms that are now gone.

7 hours ago, Kindanewtothis said:

I'm not sure.  It's been roasted (which makes it less nutritious) and it's located under salted snacks (which probably means sodium, but we can't see an ingredients list).

I think I'd stick to a quality sheet algae made for fish:

https://www.reefsupplies.ca/online-store/Ocean-Nutrition-Seaweed-Selects-Green-Marine-Algae-30g-10-sheets.html

Tangs will also eat a number of different macroalgaes including red Gracilaria and green Ulva.

It will probably need supplemental feeding of other food like Ocean Nutrition Formula Two, and even another small meaty food like thawed frozen mysis shrimp (or some other quality fish food).

• Like 3
Kindanewtothis
3 hours ago, seabass said:

I'm not sure.  It's been roasted (which makes it less nutritious) and it's located under salted snacks (which probably means sodium, but we can't see an ingredients list).

I think I'd stick to a quality sheet algae made for fish:

https://www.reefsupplies.ca/online-store/Ocean-Nutrition-Seaweed-Selects-Green-Marine-Algae-30g-10-sheets.html

Tangs will also eat a number of different macroalgaes including red Gracilaria and green Ulva.

It will probably need supplemental feeding of other food like Ocean Nutrition Formula Two, and even another small meaty food like thawed frozen mysis shrimp (or some other quality fish food).

I got this but I'll get better sheet algae.

20220116_065437.jpg

20220116_065629.jpg

Kindanewtothis
On 1/12/2022 at 4:29 PM, seabass said:

I believe they are Munnid isopods.

I have a lot in the 50g also. Time to get a mandarin ahahaha (kidding)

Kindanewtothis

Chasing the flame angel I had to move a lot of rocks and take some out (in buckets of tank water). The aquascape change a little and the anemone explores its new surroundings...

Long story short, I moved the zoas...

20220117_112457.jpg

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Kindanewtothis said:

The aquascape change a little and the anemone explores its new surroundings...

I've found no way not to change rockwork even a little bit once you take a rock out or even bump one out of position during tank maintenance.  The nooks and crannies always settle together a little differently.

Pisses my clown off when I bump his rock and his cave shrinks down on him or gets bigger as I try to re-settle the 2 rocks together.  

• Like 2
Kindanewtothis
On 1/12/2022 at 4:53 PM, seabass said:

I have some.  They are beneficial herbivores/detrivores.  Good guys.

It seems they eat GHA.

20220118_110727.jpg

• Like 1
Kindanewtothis
5 minutes ago, Jakesaw said:

Is that milky whited spotted thing a nudibranch?

Not sure I known what you are refering to and also what is a nudibranch?

From another angle:

20220118_112224.jpg

1 hour ago, Kindanewtothis said:

I think what you see is the back of the tank.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think you're right.  Need to clean that thing if you're gonna be taking pictures !!

• Haha 2
Kindanewtothis
2 minutes ago, Jakesaw said:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think you're right.  Need to clean that thing if you're gonna be taking pictures !!

It's the Qt... I don't clean it much

• Kindanewtothis changed the title to Kinda's Large Tank Adventure (LTA)