Pod Your Reef

Taking the plunge noob

Manny Moe & Jack

Manny Moe & Jack

Decided to take the plunge.  It's  a 24g AIO.  Eight weeks since I started the cycle. Right now FOWLR hoping to go with corals soon.  I'm here to learn from more experienced reefers.   Here are my first residents: Meet Manny, Moe, and Jack.

20210403_083814.thumb.jpg.18cf43629b10bc7360663f0b2c0b5755.jpg

• Like 4

Welcome. I would be cautious with three firefish. You may see aggression and bullying since they don’t tend to do well in groups long term in smaller tanks. Just something to keep an eye on.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Manny Moe & Jack
51 minutes ago, aclman88 said:

Welcome. I would be cautious with three firefish. You may see aggression and bullying since they don’t tend to do well in groups long term in smaller tanks. Just something to keep an eye on.  

Yeah, right now the smallest one tends to hide a bit from the other two due to some aggressive posing.  Not getting bit or anything.  He seems no worse for the trouble, though.

Last night, just out of curiosity, I taped a mirror to one side of the tank to see their reactions.  It was hilarious.  All three were ready kick some serious ass when they saw the "other" three fish.  Of course the "other" fish were just as ready to rumble, so it didn't get too bloody. LOL 

When I took the mirror down, they all went into hiding for awhile, wondering where the newcomers were.