ReefCleaners.org

Green Star Polyp questions

Jakesaw

Agreed, everyone's experience is different. My tank seems to do better on weekly 20% water changes and being that my nutrients are low, I recycle that water by using it for a water change on my fowlr which houses my Damsel, the spawn of satan.

As for my green star polyps, they are bright eyed and bushy tailed from sun up to sun down. The trampling of cleaner shrimp and hermit crabs don't even phase them. The more detritus that collects on them, the happier they are. My phosphate is holding steady between 0.01 - 0.02 ppm and nitrate at 0.20 ppm. The belief that gsp prefers nutrient rich water, in my experience, is not true in this tank. 

4 minutes ago, MrP said:

Agreed, everyone's experience is different. My tank seems to do better on weekly 20% water changes and being that my nutrients are low, I recycle that water by using it for a water change on my fowlr which houses my Damsel, the spawn of satan.

As for my green star polyps, they are bright eyed and bushy tailed from sun up to sun down. The trampling of cleaner shrimp and hermit crabs don't even phase them. The more detritus that collects on them, the happier they are. My phosphate is holding steady between 0.01 - 0.02 ppm and nitrate at 0.20 ppm. The belief that gsp prefers nutrient rich water, in my experience, is not true in this tank. 

Your nitrates are at 0.20, thats nutrients so thats why the gsp is happy. But there is an balance is phos vs nitrate levels.

Phos is getting very low and you definitely don't want it hitting 0