Top Shelf Aquatics

Beware! Aquarium creations online SCAM!

LazyFish

The seller is a scammer 4 emails and 3 calls with no reply my order was made on 4/4/21 and here it is the 19 with still no contact and no items. Im canceling my order contacting my bank filing a complaint with the bbb and the internet crimes division. I'm going to try to press charges on them if they can catch them and hopfully get my money back please spread to other forms do not use Aquarium Creations online! Dont want anyone else to get caught up in there scam. After some digging I found the owner had another site years ago called Aquacon that was shut down due to scamming practices and complaints and bad reviews. Complaints with the bbb and on fourm sites range from receiving partly filled orders with no refunds or not getting merchandise to receiving very poor quality nearly dead or dead items or items of far lesser value sutch as invasive spices of cloves or xenia and sutch. Refusing refunds for unshiped and un received items or no contact from seller you name it.The list of complaints is ridiculous can someone shut this "#^%@%&*" down alredy! The more I read the worse it gets!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

May want to put a link for reference.  I'm seeing a handful of different companies with that name online.  None of them have good reviews on bbb though. 

Looks like they may have a third site or something idk "creations aquarium" that's what the answering service and the text answering service refers to the site as. So I would also avoid anything by that name as well.

Why is this jerk not in jail? Theres aparently an abandoned trailer on the property from what I'm hearing so it's a mule adress so who is the property registered to and who owns the account that's taking the money why is this ass not in jail? Just herd back form someone on another fourm says this clown has been scamming reefers for 15 years at least and they were called something else before aquacon.

MainelyReefer

Even the about us page on that website screams fake.   Super PC with ample diversity, both white dudes super rapey 😂, I’d hang out with everyone elseD0E32D28-A94A-4C0D-8F6B-EB7AF40BEC4B.thumb.png.b155e24a9dec4e2098ef4b85f28f2f3e.png
 Did an image search on some cephalopods from their website and the pictures were taken from someone else too.  Google street view also ends on either end of their listed road so you can’t lay eyes on their location via the internet.  Hopefully they didn’t get you too good, funny thing is google says I’ve visited the site before so it could happen to any of us as sometimes you just don’t notice how sketchy and fake something is if they have that one fish you need.

• Like 1

You are very lucky. I do see a hand full of people who say they actualy got there stuff pop up here or there but usualy only after great pains to get it and sometimes months later. With it usualy being only a partial order or totaly incorrect and lesser value items and poor quality that they try to pass as being what was ordered. See the reviews just google creation aquariums and look at the reviews. Nearly all of them claiming it's a scam and they were robbed. If you look up aquarium creations online reviews also for the same thing each of there messages to the angry customers says the site was sold to a new owner and is now creation aquarium or that a rival saltwater fish site is basicly throwing shade at them to kill there busness that the reviews are fake. However aquarium creations online is still very much active as that was where I ordered from. They were also previously Aquacon that was killed by bad reviews and scam allegations before became aquarium creations online. All 3 are the same entity and all 3 look like they use the same mule adress. Just look at there face book comments. Aquarium creations online phone is answered by creation aquariums robo answering service. They use a robo answering service called numa that picks up allmost immediately no matter when you call and they dont respond to calls texts or emails. The only reason I ended up ordering from them is that they had some macros I had been looking for for 5 days. It was late I was just off a 12 hr work shift and I was braindead and tired of looking for the macros. I didnt check into them like I usualy would have. Dumb move on my part.

• Like 1
Murphs_Reef

Ah yeah that's a red flag site. 

• Copy write notices / dates are inconsistent 2018, 2020 and 2021
  • Some pages have version control, others don't
  • The site isn't responsive (it's 2021 not 2012)
  • Fonts and styles are very copy and paste ... Not consistent 
  • Hard coded testimonials - that stinks 
  • Dead links to site map
  • The meet the family page doesn't tell you anything.. could be real, could be random pictures of people.. no links to their personal social media sites or @'s which is kinda standard...
  • Email addresses with 2 domains in them @site@othersite

Although having bad website management / styling isn't criminal.. it's a red flag I would say. Any reputable supplier should have a modern, well kept and accurate site... It's the shop window afterall.

1 hour ago, GraniteReefer said:

Even the about us page on that website screams fake.   Super PC with ample diversity, both white dudes super rapey 😂, I’d hang out with everyone elseD0E32D28-A94A-4C0D-8F6B-EB7AF40BEC4B.thumb.png.b155e24a9dec4e2098ef4b85f28f2f3e.png
 Did an image search on some cephalopods from their website and the pictures were taken from someone else too.  Google street view also ends on either end of their listed road so you can’t lay eyes on their location via the internet.  Hopefully they didn’t get you too good, funny thing is google says I’ve visited the site before so it could happen to any of us as sometimes you just don’t notice how sketchy and fake something is if they have that one fish you need.

Yea the 2 white dudes look like creepers.

• Haha 2
  • 2 years later...

I think I ticked them off a little lol. I placed an order, and after weeks of waiting, it still had not shipped, so I sent them an email. I waited longer, and contacted them again, again with no response. The box was never packed, so my card was never charged, so that's great news, but I still wanted my order. So I called the number they had on the site. It went to voicemail, and it sounded more like a personal voicemail greeting rather than a professional one. So I started calling every day leaving a voicemail asking them to please return my call, all professional-like and stuff. Never hostile or impolite. This went on for weeks until I got bored and stopped. 

Then not too long ago, I was looking for something in particular and I googled it, and that led me back that company. I didn't remember at first that this was the store I had trouble with a couple years earlier, so I clicked to add it to my basket and I got this error message, so I guess I really did make them mad hahahahaha:

Order not processed

Your order could not be completed for the following reasons:

• Account has been cancelled. Please contact the merchant for further information.

Please go back and try again.

Copyright 1998-2023. Powered by CartManager CartManager | Privacy Policy