Top Shelf Aquatics

Where to find clear glass cookie jar?

LardAss

I have a 2 galllon pico cookie jar but I am unhappy with the glass clarity.

It is the Anchor Hocking with the 8.75" opening.

I am currently using the PicoPro light.

Any thoughts ?c17.thumb.jpg.72ceed21e95329d8d75e1f8a8997a8ea.jpg

Try wiping down the inside, just in case there's biofilm in the way. Beyond that, check out anywhere local that sells home decor. Maybe an antique shop, too. Cookie jars are relatively unlikely to have had nasty substances in them that could interfere with reefkeeping, which is good for antiquing. 

When I was looking for jars etc. Apothecary jars  can be 2 gl or so.  Unless you're running with the lid not much else unless hand blown Glass.

see if there are any glass blowers in your area. might be a cool project for a glass blowing class if that offered in your area. you could take it and blow your own OR just ask them if they could make some. that is what I was gonna do if there was a pico challenge   

Christopher Marks

I have the same gripes about my pico jar clarity too. I have been looking online for glass cylinder vases that might fit the pico pro light, but I haven’t tried to order one yet. Most things this scale are hand blown glass, so clarity issues might arise with another too. 

natalia_la_loca

I second the idea of hand blown glass.  I have a planted tank for guppies in a 5-gallon Cobalt Decoria cylinder that was blown by hand in Poland. My reefbowls and opae’ula bowl are hand blown glass from China. Of course they have the distortion of any round glass, but less than an Anchor Hocking jar.

these look nice to me: 

https://www.cb2.com/large-snack-glass-canister/s529649

• Like 3