inTank Media Baskets

Coral Frag Identification?

wutsit2yuh

58 minutes ago, wutsit2yuh said:

I got a new/my first coral frag yesterday along with a kenya tree and I don't know this is. It seems to have two different species on it

IMG_20210417_174543889.jpg

Looks like clove polyps and cespitularia maybe?  .....Has the pinkish one opened up any?

• Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Looks like clove polyps and cespitularia maybe?  .....Has the pinkish one opened up any?

I think you might be right! The pink one hasn't changed appearance at all ever since I saw him in the store though. I'm an absolute noob so I thank you for the reply 🙂

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, wutsit2yuh said:

I think you might be right! The pink one hasn't changed appearance at all ever since I saw him in the store though. I'm an absolute noob so I thank you for the reply 🙂

Two for one! .......It looks like it would be easy to separate them. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

Two for one! .......It looks like it would be easy to separate them. 

Right? I was so giddy walking out the store lolol. I'm sure I'll separate them soon but that'll be another challenge for another day. I read a bit about removing them from the frag rock but that sounds really intimidating. I'm gonna let them sit in the tank for a bit to let them adjust and have a bit of a break. I know they had a rough day yesterday getting shipped to the store and then put into another new tank. Sorry for the long reply lol just excited about all of this 

• Like 1