Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

IM NUVO 20 PENINSULA PRO

Tay Kendall

Tay Kendall

Hi everyone! I have my innovative marine nuvo 20 peninsula set up and running with an AI Prime for the lighting. My question is, should I run my sock or the caddy pro? I don't have room for both because of that bulky AI clamp from the flex arm. So I'd some suggestions! Thanks! 

I run mine with a caddy and a skimmer on my regular 20 and the penensula. One side of mine is blacked out and its oriented to be viewed long ways like a normal tank and my lights are mounted to the stand behind the blacked out side. I have a spin stream on my penensula and even on the lowest setting with just the one output unlike the split out flow on the other 20 its almost too much.

• Like 1

Caddy for sure. Loved the IM caddy.

Socks are good but a pain. You still need to switch them out weekly and wash one completely, let it dry, then its ready for the next switch.

So much easier and faster adding carbon to a bag, putting it in the caddy.

Add floss, switch out 2 times a week.

• Thanks 1
Tay Kendall
On 4/16/2021 at 12:06 PM, Clown79 said:

Caddy for sure. Loved the IM caddy.

Socks are good but a pain. You still need to switch them out weekly and wash one completely, let it dry, then its ready for the next switch.

So much easier and faster adding carbon to a bag, putting it in the caddy.

Add floss, switch out 2 times a week.

Thank you for the info! Just curious, where are you putting the floss at? I'm so used to my old 16gal biocube and having more room for filtration. Lol so this small amount of space is confusing me. 

14 minutes ago, Tay Kendall said:

Thank you for the info! Just curious, where are you putting the floss at? I'm so used to my old 16gal biocube and having more room for filtration. Lol so this small amount of space is confusing me. 

I always ran my nuvo 20 with filter floss on top, chemipure or carbon next, then some bio media on bottom. change floss when it gets clogged to prevent any potential floods (dont ask me how this happened..)

• Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, Tay Kendall said:

I always put the floss in the first tray of the caddy where the waters enters into the rear chamber. Then the carbon in second tray.

I purchased floss in bulk, cut it to size and changed it twice a week, sometimes 3 times. 

This allows particles to be caught in the floss and not clog the carbon bag.

I always got carbon in block and used small amounts,  changed it out eveey 2-3 weeks. During weekly waterchanges i rinsed the carbon bag in the waterchange water just to remove detritus.

• Thanks 1
Tay Kendall
12 hours ago, Jaren45 said:

I always ran my nuvo 20 with filter floss on top, chemipure or carbon next, then some bio media on bottom. change floss when it gets clogged to prevent any potential floods (dont ask me how this happened..)

Oh no!! That's no bueno! I'm sorry your tank got clogged. 😞 well I shall learn from you! Thanks for all the info!

• Like 1