SaltCritters.com

What is this? Paly?

RyanReef

Great. Anyone have success with killing them before they spread? The rock that has the Duncan on it I can actually take out of the tank but there's another one forming on a bigger rock that I can't remove.

Do the products actually work at killing them... Where I also read hot water poured over them or just suffocate them with putty?

natalia_la_loca

Putty should work. Or for the rock you can remove, you could sizzle it with a lighter 🔥🤘🏼

whatever you do, do it fast

• Thanks 1

Aiptasia. Anything that covers it completely and seals it in will kill it. Liquid superglue can work, as will putty. Remove the rock from the water, wait for the aiptasia to fully retract, and cover it. If you have to cover it while it's in the tank, gently annoy it with something until it retracts. Aiptasia-X is also effective. Hot water might not work fully, and would be hard to keep off the coral. 

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Thrassian Atoll said:

Inject it with lemon juice.  Not sure how easy needles are to get nowadays though.

Well I took the rock out, injected lemon juice and then closed the whole thing off with super glue. So hopefully one of those two did the trick

• Like 1

Ah, extra dead! Yeah, that should have done it. 

Aiptasia aren't necessarily as big a deal as people think. If you only have one or two, you just kill 'em, and then you're good. The problem comes when there are already tons, because that makes it much harder to kill them all off. And if you miss a bunch, they rebound pretty fast.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2