Top Shelf Aquatics

Are these brown buttons or something else?

TrashTank

Most of what I have in my tank is known or a total mystery. I like these guys, and I wanted to try to get more info. They might just be brown buttons, but I'm terrible at IDing corals.

First pic is daylight. Second is under blue.

You can see they're sort of polka dotted in the daylight. Bright green and purple at night with some fluorescence.

20210412_150804.jpg

20210411_213635.jpg

They are a paly for sure. The name thats given to them really doesn't matter. 

The colour change is simply due to the spectrum of light. Most run heavy blue all day so that their coral colours pop.

I guess I should have said I know they're palys but I was curious about what type of paly. They seem to be fast growers. I got them in a buy one get one free deal and they were the freebies.

They're going to be in an upgraded tank with much better lighting before long so I guess we'll see what happens.

5 hours ago, TrashTank said:

I guess I should have said I know they're palys but I was curious about what type of paly. They seem to be fast growers. I got them in a buy one get one free deal and they were the freebies.

They're going to be in an upgraded tank with much better lighting before long so I guess we'll see what happens.

Paly's are fast growers, they can take over quickly.

The names don't really mean anything, its just marketing, numerous stores will sell them with different names.

burtbollinger

if you are not opposed to them totally dominating a tank, keep them, but i have experienced that they are super invasive and impossible to get rid off.