inTank Media Baskets

Does anybody have a idea what kind of hitchhiker this is?

Dafish

Hmm I’m not sure... if no one replies here, a good place to post for ID help is the Club Melevsreef group on Facebook... they’re usually my go-to after nano-reef. 

4 hours ago, banasophia said:

Hmm I’m not sure... if no one replies here, a good place to post for ID help is the Club Melevsreef group on Facebook... they’re usually my go-to after nano-reef. 

yeah ill probably head over there if no one knows and update here if I find anything. thanks 

1 hour ago, DevilDuck said:

Hard to tell but they look like pineapple sponges. 

I have pineapple sponges or what I think are pineapple sponges this is different it has this one main stock and surrounded by little ball things 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
23 hours ago, LazyFish said:

It is pineapple sponges.....oops saw the other pic not the first ones it didnt load the whole thread for some reason derp... not pineapples then.

No worries.  I’ll add other photos just so people can see what they look like 

024FA271-D745-4F37-B5F9-2D6DF69DEF2A.jpeg

DFA9080E-F249-453D-A1E8-0FC7B99EC2B4.jpeg

A80A572C-CED6-4FB9-B573-B5F9BEC2F91C.jpeg

They suggested glueing them, scrapping them off the rocks and cutting them. I have so much now that I’m just going to cut them net what I can and hopefully the mama Mia worms and amphipods eat what I miss 

And to try to cut down on feeding so much 

If that's what's came out of your tank I agree with the hydroids. Looks like you got yourself some extra large ones. If those arnt your pictures can u get a clear one of them without the blues on or a close up. Thee grouping almost reminds me of colonial tunicates some species grow up from a stalk with a main body that sits on the end of it. That first picture in your first post looks like they have an opening in it. Do they ever stretch out with the stinger stalk reaching out like the clear one at the top of your last post or just kind of sit there. If disturbed the openings on a tunicate close up and they shrivel up if you realy bother them.

4 hours ago, LazyFish said:

If that's what's came out of your tank I agree with the hydroids. Looks like you got yourself some extra large ones. If those arnt your pictures can u get a clear one of them without the blues on or a close up. Thee grouping almost reminds me of colonial tunicates some species grow up from a stalk with a main body that sits on the end of it. That first picture in your first post looks like they have an opening in it. Do they ever stretch out with the stinger stalk reaching out like the clear one at the top of your last post or just kind of sit there. If disturbed the openings on a tunicate close up and they shrivel up if you realy bother them.

All the pictures I posted are from my tank. 

Yeah I believe there open and  usually stay down low when there stretched. There not on that one anymore. So I think they miight have been eggs. 

• Like 1