inTank Media Baskets

Craig's 25g Nano

kingc

Hey Reefers

Having realised that I enjoy nano reefs more than any of my larger tanks, I've started a build based on a Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25. Having sold off my larger tank and equipment, I've only kept my 4 favourite fish, shrimps and snails to make the transition fairly easy.

Yesterday, the tank passed its first water test.

IMG_0348.thumb.jpg.091a1e6173c9e333673b8236b7fff965.jpg

While I'd like to orient the tank peninsula-style, finding a cabinet / furniture is troublesome. So instead I've chosen to simply leave a bit of space behind the tank so that it looks open and I can clean the back pane quite easily. Of course, once I filled the tank I realised that the cabinet wasn't stable enough for my taste, so I spent the afternoon creating a bracket solution to firmly anchor it to the wall.

The tank has since been filled.

IMG_0349.thumb.jpg.1ab2c917dcff83eb61f87b9ba60e1313.jpg

And the livestock has been moved over.

1038557747_IMG_0351(3).thumb.jpg.dc041d68dbeb42c4e4186e3daf4b2c3d.jpg

Since this is basically an insta-tank, I've kept one fairly decent piece of mature live rock, as well as the Maxspect bio blocks from my previous system (cut down to fit in the middle filter compartment). In a few months, both will be removed.

Current equipment list:

Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25

Tunze Silence 1073.008 return pump. This is quiet, not silent. It's much better than the Hidom pump Waterbox supplies, which is basically a piece of junk,

Jebao SOW-4 for temporary circulation. Will be replaced.

AquaEL 150w heater (Neotherm equivalent).

D-D PP1 Pro single channel doser for All For Reef (kept from previous system, not yet in use).

Temporary light.

Still deciding (input welcome!):

Lighting: XR15 Pro - need to have a closer look at the RMS bracket as it may be a little bulky. Hydra 32 brackets may be a better solution.

ATO:  Tunze Osmolator 3155, D-D H2Ocean Compact (really a SmartAqua) or a Reefloat Pro4. The Osmolator is bulky, the D-D doesn't have audible alerts when the reservoir runs dry and the Reefloat looks a bit messy when attached to the tank.

Circulation: MP10, Nero 3 or a Gyre. MP10 has the least flexible mounting options in this style tank, but has easy battery backup.

Return: I may swap the Tunze for a DC pump.

On order:

Tunze 9001 DC skimmer.

Tunze 9001 3D-printed mounting bracket.

15l fresh water reservoir.

InTank media basket for chamber 1.

D-D Jumpguard.

Future equipment:

ApexEL or Profilux 4e. I enjoy automation / monitoring.

May add a Tunze MAR 3181. Could be fun to see how an algae reactor performs on a system this size, and this one can be mounted in the cabinet.

Cooling fans.

Livestock:

Pair of clowns.

Springer's Damsel.

Royal Gramma.

Cleaner shrimp.

Peppermint shrimp.

Blue starfish (which had hidden itself in the rockwork).

Too many Trochus snails, a couple Cerith and Nassarius.

• Like 2