Top Shelf Aquatics

Goby/Shrimp Pair for 20g?

BigMike80

I have an IM Nuvo 20 and looking to add a goby and shrimp pair to it. Right now I only have a pair of clowns in there. 

Im wondering what would be my best pairing to go with for this size tank?  I’m thinking a Hi-Fin, Yasha or a Randall’s with a Randall’s or Candycane shrimp. 

75222291-86F6-4ACB-AC21-22E5806D816E.jpeg

I would personally get a Randall's goby, I think they are the best looking. Otherwise, any of those would work for your tank, just make sure your rock work is stable on the bottom of the aquarium and not just in the stand...they will be burrowing underneath all of it.

P.S. a Randall's Shrimp is the same as a Candy Cane Shrimp and also known as a Red-Banded Shrimp. 

Good luck! 

1 hour ago, Justind823 said:

I would personally get a Randall's goby, I think they are the best looking. Otherwise, any of those would work for your tank, just make sure your rock work is stable on the bottom of the aquarium and not just in the stand...they will be burrowing underneath all of it.

P.S. a Randall's Shrimp is the same as a Candy Cane Shrimp and also known as a Red-Banded Shrimp. 

Good luck! 

Thanks for the info. The rock work on the right actually has 1” pvc pieces glued to the bottom and those are sitting on the glass with sand pushed in filling the void. 

3 hours ago, BigMike80 said:

Thanks for the info. The rock work on the right actually has 1” pvc pieces glued to the bottom and those are sitting on the glass with sand pushed in filling the void. 

Nice, sounds like you're good to go!