Pod Your Reef

Any lights to fit Fluval EVO 13.5 hood?

eggtrain

Anything to fit in the hood? I like that lack of evaporation and prevention of suicide fish. Also, acrylic just accumulates condensation on it and looks meh. 

Any feedback would be helpful. 

I've supplemented strip lighting from 21LED ReefBars. I use 2 of the 2W Actinic Blue and put the stock light on a manual dimmer. This lets me control the blue and blue/white mix.

Picture is back when I only had one light attached. I've also seen photos of the Fluval Marine 3.0 light used. It fits put is not seemless like the stock light, it sits a little higher.

Aquarium LED Light ReefBar 12 inch 1ft 453 nm Actinic Blue 9W Coral Moon Bar | eBay

20210115_111606.thumb.jpg.2bccfa0d6f3ad6bdfe5470531c1485dd.jpg

2 hours ago, DevilDuck said:

I've supplemented strip lighting from 21LED ReefBars. I use 2 of the 2W Actinic Blue and put the stock light on a manual dimmer. This lets me control the blue and blue/white mix.

Picture is back when I only had one light attached. I've also seen photos of the Fluval Marine 3.0 light used. It fits put is not seemless like the stock light, it sits a little higher.

Aquarium LED Light ReefBar 12 inch 1ft 453 nm Actinic Blue 9W Coral Moon Bar | eBay

20210115_111606.thumb.jpg.2bccfa0d6f3ad6bdfe5470531c1485dd.jpg

That is the kind of thing I was curious about. Thanks!

Does that up the abipity to grow SPS corals more confidently or just more for the look?

10 minutes ago, eggtrain said:

That is the kind of thing I was curious about. Thanks!

Does that up the abipity to grow SPS corals more confidently or just more for the look?

I have mainly LPS so I can't answer that. With the extra ReefBars I run the stock light at 50% they double the wattage of light in the tank.