ReefCleaners.org

What type of hermit

Murphs_Reef

Murphs_Reef

I bought a bunch of snails last week and in with them there was a hermit. It's white with one large claw any ideas on what species it is and if it's reef safe (knowing that some people.dont see any crab as reef safe)

IMG_20210327_124255.jpg

I'm no expert, but generally large claws are not a good sign. Hard to tell type without a pict of him out of shell. But I'd def keep an eye out on him, any small fish/invert may be next snack. Also would help knowing what you got goin on in the tank; softies, lps, sps, etc. 

Murphs_Reef
19 minutes ago, Fnard said:

I'm no expert, but generally large claws are not a good sign. Hard to tell type without a pict of him out of shell. But I'd def keep an eye out on him, any small fish/invert may be next snack. Also would help knowing what you got goin on in the tank; softies, lps, sps, etc. 

That's all in my build thread see my footer. I have a 80 gal , LPS and softie dominated only LPS is Monti. 

He is a sump dweller for the time.being though so won't get the chance to be disruptive