Coral Vue Hydros

Searching for Coral Name, looks like small Flowers

Marcvonxen

Hello All

I got this Coral some time ago from a friend, and he couldnt tell me exactly the name of it. Im trying to find out now, to match the needs of the coral since for some weeks now she is not opening that well anymore. It looks like a small flower, with a green bud and brown/pink stems and petals. 

I got a suggestion it might be a clove coral, though i didnt find any clove coral that looks like mine, as all of the cloves i found have more polyps extending from the petals, whereas mine only has the petals.

I am thankful for every Input!

FlowerCoral.jpg

SaltyGallon

Green Star Polyp (GSP) ?

How is it spread across the rockwork - in a purplish mat or via a network of tubes? It looks like GSP but hard to tell in the photos. If it's GSP it will be annoyed with the algae growing on it. Wait for it to close up and give it a light brush with a toothbrush to remove the algae, and put it somewhere in good light and good flow.

• Thanks 1
mitten_reef
3 hours ago, seabass said:

They kind of look a little like Daisy Polyps (Knopia sp.), a.k.a. Jasmine Polyps.  But you're probably right, GSP.

you know what day it is...i'm still waiting

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...