SaltCritters.com

Lazyfish: 20g IM nuvo sort of penensula tank (July 2021 TOTM)(update fts).

LazyFish

Water change tonight. Probly be getting a peppermint shrimp soon. Hope it will help get rid of those nasty glass anemones/aiptasia should have never let them go in the 10g.

My Wyoming white clown finaly ate something substantial. Rods food the original one and some rods coral food. With garlic extreme added in. I have been adding garlic extreme to all the foods I have and alternating with seachem entice and this is the first its eaten.

After putting the old filtration area covers from.the 10 onto this tank the top offs have been cut back to 1 cup every 3 days or so not bad at all. Surprised that made sutch a big difrence actualy.

20210628_180250.jpg

20210628_102356.jpg

20210628_103401.jpg

20210628_103528.jpg

20210628_102536.jpg

20210628_103606.jpg

20210628_102957.jpg

20210628_180230.jpg

20210628_103117.jpg

20210628_180146.jpg

• Like 3

Omgosh ! just found my snake polyps! Theres just 2 of them. I've had them for years in the 10 but they never realy did anything. The popped off the frag plug and were rolling around on the bottom. I'm gona glue these suckers down and hope they start to grow. They look prety rough.

I think I made my corals angry. I was trying to un slave one of the non hd primes from the other 20g to reset it for the 15 tall freshwater planted tank. Somehow I linked the hd primes from this tank to all the non hd ones. I didnt even know that was possible. Anyway it wiped out all my settings on the hd lights and I'm still trying to get it back to normal. It's kinda hurting my eyes right now...

• Sad 1

Aparently money cowrie eat codium macro algae o.o I caught two of mine at it last night so it the algae was put back in the other 20g

The male clown is now eating regularly  with the combination of rods food original and rods coral food with some garlic extreme mixed in. It alredy had garlic in it but with the aditional garlic Wow! When I feed my tank smells like pizza parlor....now I just need to get it eating on my normal food regimen.

I was getting prety worried about him.

• Like 1

I couldnt find a platygyra I liked. I've been looking a few weeks now I ordered a nice acan chunk with a bit of an intresting color and a small babys breath favia colony instead should be here wednesdsy.

• Like 1

Yay...I found your tank journal.  I realized I only saw your TOTM write-up.  Now I'm officially following this beauty 😊.  

• Like 1

Waiting for mew corals! Should of been here by 12....but now it's been pushed to end of day delivery ugh. I hate that. If I have issues with this shipment from austin aquafarms I will probly stop useing them. First order from them years ago everything came dammaged or dead. My last order was for 2 corals. One bag was cloudy and the next morning it was sloughing tissue and eventualy died.

• Wow 1

Acclimated and in the tank. The acan looks good. Kinda iffy about my small favia. It looks unhappy. In the bag I saw a small scrape in the flesh. Hope it dosnt slough off like the last one.

• Like 1

Intresting color on the acan. I was expecting more of a purple and dirty orangey color. Instead its a nice blue and a kind of dull golden color with a purple mouth. It flouresses nicely too but you realy cant tell without gell filters. The gold flouresses very nicely in person under the blues.

20210707_194506.jpg

20210707_194735.jpg

20210707_193827.jpg

20210707_194947.jpg

• Like 3

I realy need a good gel filter or lense kit either for my phone its a galaxy s8 or my camera it's an Olympus sz-12. So far I havent stumbled across any I liked preferably with macro lense and a few difrent blue light filters. I have a realy garbage one but it makes things super blurry when I use it.

• Like 1

That's what I was planning because of not being able to find a platygyra that I liked for that spot. I'll probly add a few more small orange acan frags or maby some with intresting colors. I still want some of those super bright orange shrooms for this tank and maby a sps if some kind and try out or an nps gorg probly yellow. Its filling up prety quick here lol. I'm still waiting to get a pink streak wrasse. The lfs hasnt been able to get me one yet.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, LazyFish said:

That's what I was planning because of not being able to find a platygyra that I liked for that spot. I'll probly add a few more small orange acan frags or maby some with intresting colors. I still want some of those super bright orange shrooms for this tank and maby a sps if some kind and try out or an nps gorg probly yellow. Its filling up prety quick here lol. I'm still waiting to get a pink streak wrasse. The lfs hasnt been able to get me one yet.

Mushroom prices are insane these days!!!  There are some pretty cool ones available though.  All of which I will never own LOL.  Oh...the PSW is the best fish ever.  Can't wait to see one in your tank 😊.

Right I remember getting plain shrooms 5 bucks a piece for loose shrooms. Now the plain ones are even upto 15 to 20 bucks. The super orange bright almost metalic looking one I want runs 45 to 50 lately. I had a single one a few years back I got lucky and got it for 25 but it never atached and disapeared I'm still upset I lost him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Tanks are still doing great. Been a while since I posted. We are so short staffed in every nursing area with the covid and the hrmuricanes here in louisiana its crazy. I can hardly find time for anything right now. Tanks were alternating on bubblers and generator power 11 days after ida hit but thankfully everything made it. It's been so crazy lately my last water and media changes on both tanks was right before ida hit. So far they seem fine.

My clam is over 5 inches now I LOVE HIM! once he gets around 7 inches I'll probly move him to my other tank and get a maxima for his spot. I've made some changes since my last post. I got some new small trachs a clump of red snake polyps a marbled bowerbanki  red nps gorg, orange pavona a dendro and a super orange mushroom coral that glows like its radioactive that I have wanted forever. The pictures dont do ot justice it is seriously ORANGE. The picture of it under blues has a pinkish tint to it but in person it's like highlighter orange. I got some aiptasia eating nudis to get rid of the little monsters after the instability during ida they exploded. I zaped the biggest ones but there are dozens of pin head sized ones showing up everywhere. They are realy ticking off my zoas.

Still no pink streak...

20210910_223653.jpg

20210921_131207.jpg

20210910_223841.jpg

20210921_123337.jpg

20210921_123418.jpg

20210921_122700.jpg

• Like 3

Went to my friends house today. Her tank is getting prety overgrown she has back problems so I help out with it when I can. Shes thinking about downsizing her tank to like a 60 or 75g. The tank is probly a 220 or something. Kenya trees gsp gold dust pally and green toadstools taking it over. We cleared out sheets of gsp off the sand and I pulled up a bunch of small toadstools and a pile of Kenya trees. We stuck them in a corner of the tank because here fuge light died. Shes hoping to trade some of it for like a mushroom or a zoa frag so she can get some variety. Alot of stuff she lost  after a heater fried the tank and the other stuff just kind of filled in and went nuts.

I gave her 2 red shrooms a silver gorg frag a yellow blade gorg frag and some macros for her display. She gave me a sheet of gsp as big as both my hands splayed open 2 orange yuma and a large green harry mushroom/rhodactis and a piece of some super neon gsp. And a frag with 4 gold dust pallys.

The hairy shroom/rhodactis (the largest ones in her tank bounce sometimes) and most of the gsp went in the rfa tank. I used the gsp to fill in spots my gsp wall. The Yumas and neon gsp and the pallys went in the peninsula. The yumas are tank hardened and have proven hardy in her tank but personaly I havent had success with them I'm hoping they dont bleach and melt under my lighting her tank has a g1 and g2 radion on it but they were near the bottom of the tank over an arms length down from the light. In my tank they are probly 14 inches  down from the primes. I'm spot shading them with some acrylic for now.

• Like 1

Found one yuma put it in jail with some rubble so it cant escape again cant find the other one o.o. still hoping it dosnt melt on me I've tried yuma twice in the past in an old tank and both melted but I was able to keep florida ricordia and shrooms in that tank just fine so idk...
Now I just have to look at this uggly jar untill it ataches.

Liveaquaria has pink streaks! Theres 3 more in stock right now if any one else wanted one as bad as I did. I'll set up a little qt for it for when it gets here. They are super over priced well more than double what they used to be but I guess that's because no one has them right now. This is the first time in nearly a year I've seen any for sale.
Couple of fts havent cleaned the tank in a while not even the glass.... excuse the yuck I'm overdue for water and media changes by sevral weeks but I'm doing it tonight. The red nps gorg is actualy usualy open after moving it to the other side it closed for some reason while I was doing pictures I guess the flash upset it.
Im about to do a major rescape in the other tank. Idk if I'll do it tonight or tomorrow.

20211009_171014.jpg

20211009_173904.jpg

20211009_174006.jpg

• Wow 1
  • LazyFish changed the title to Lazyfish: 20g IM nuvo sort of penensula tank (July 2021 TOTM)(update fts).