Coral Vue Hydros

Try this.....

swebob

Went to my local fish store today and he gave me a product for algae control called "ALGONE"...

It absorbs nitrate.. reduces ammonia clears water and also clears up algae.. You just put a pouch in you filter..

Originally posted by greatreef16

and an extra bonus, it kills all of your inverts!!! Lol, how it isn't too late for ya.

This store has been here for years and I could not understand why they would sell me something that would kill inverts.. Maybe your right but I will just have to find out I guess...... Anyone else know about this.....

swebob, I think what these guys are trying to say is that almost all of the quick fix solutions for algae don't work as advertised. Is it hair algae you're looking to rid yourself of?

yup, i was saying it's better to get the root of the problem and solve it permanently, rather than temporarily fixing it with chemicals.

yup, i was saying it's better to get the root of the problem and solve it permanently, rather than temporarily fixing it with chemicals.

bingo.

most LFS' really haven't a clue as to the husbandry of saltwater fish, let alone corals. they just treat them the same as they do freshwater fish which is incredibly ignorant. so when you buy a quickfix product for algae, chances are that it's definitely not reef safe. they're alot like elixers in the early 1900's, they magically cure everything, when in reality they don't do a damn thing.

the best way to control algae, IMO, is to not overstock your tank, do diligent water changes, and to not overfeed, and have one hell of a cleanup crew B)

Update....

The cloudy water is gone now.. I think it could have been due to the 2 gallon water change I did that day and my inverts are still alive and everything is fine.. Thanks for your help....

Archived