Coral Vue Hydros

AI prime setting for soft corals

Carnthetiges

Carnthetiges

Can i get some opinions on my settings form my 15g waterbox cube.

It came with an AI prime and i'm running this profile.

https://www.aquaillumination.com/signature_series/eddie-putra

First coral went in a couple of weeks ago - toadstool leather.

I've had it slowly ramping up via the acclimatization setting, will return to normal this weekend.

Does the profile seem ok for a soft coral focused nano?

Some days are great with polyp extension through the days, sometimes just in the mornings and evenings when its ramping up and down worrying me it might be too intense.

Cheers

As long as you fall within the 50-150 range for PAR, you should be fine. Some coral may start off preferring lower light, but can be acclimated to higher light levels over time. That being said, if you don’t have coral that needs high intensity light, then there’s no point in cranking up the intensity. Should cut down on unwanted algae growth as well, if you’re bothered by or struggling with that. 

I actually just rented a PAR meter and I’ll be recording readings from various intensities at various water depths, and we have the same light. I can post a link to my findings if you’re interested? That being said, I’m betting you could already find PAR charts for the Prime16 on google, maybe. 

I can also run that signature profile and get PAR readings if you want? I already have it saved to my presets from when I was first testing out the light.

i have some readings for a fluval evo 13.5. The link is here:

Your tank has a depth of 15" (probably 14" of water though). the fluval evo 13.5 is more like 11.5" in depth. But the readings shouldn't be too far off. 

• Like 1